+65 6813 0803
- about Samuel
- in-depth expertise
- examples of engagements
Samuel is a partner at Accuracy in Singapore. He specialises in the provision of live project support and advice, the analysis and compilation of forensic claim submissions, and the preparation and provision of expert opinion in relation to construction disputes, which typically involve assessments relating to time-related delays, contract administration, construction logistics, construction methodology, construction strategy and risk management.
Samuel has over 19 years’ professional experience in Building & Construction, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Process Plants, Land Reclamation and Infrastructure projects. Samuel has extensive live project experience, which was gained over a period of over 10 years’ in the UK, before he relocated to the Middle East in 2010 and to Asia in 2014, where he has acquired extensive expert and dispute/claims related experience.
Samuel speaks English.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Master of Laws (LLM) – Construction Law and Arbitration
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) – Construction Management
Samuel has been appointed as an independent expert on matters of planning and delay in international arbitrations under ICC, SIAC and other ad hoc rules. He has testified under cross-examination and has experience in expert witness conferencing (“hot-tubbing”).
Samuel’s live project and dispute related experience includes the planning and construction of hotels, residential buildings, commercial office buildings, airports, educational facilities, sports arenas, healthcare facilities, swimming pools, leisure facilities, retail facilities, high-rise structures, oil storage facilities, process plants, vessel conversions, land reclamation / dredging projects, rail and highways.
Expert Witness Appointments
- Appointed and testified as planning and delay expert in connection with a dispute between a Main Contractor and the Façade Sub-Contractor arising out of a condominium development in Singapore.
- Appointed and testified as planning and delay expert in connection with a dispute between a Turkish sub-contractor and an Italian main contractor arising out of an oil storage facility in Southern Iraq.
- Appointed as planning and delay expert in connection with a dispute between the Design Engineer and Main Contractor involved in a turnkey project in Bangalore, India.
- Appointed as planning and delay expert in connection with a dispute between the MEP Contractor and IT Sub-Contractor arising out of a hospital development in Singapore.
- Appointed as planning and delay expert in connection with a dispute between an Employer and the Main Contractor arising out of a condominium development in Singapore.
- Appointed as planning and delay expert in connection with a dispute between a Reinforced Concrete Works Sub-Contractor and the Main Contractor arising out of a residential and retail development in Singapore.
Claims & Other Dispute Related Experience
- Numerous engagements involving the preparation and responses to detailed claim submissions in respect of matters of time and delay on Building & Construction, Transportation, Oil & Gas, and Infrastructure projects.
- Provision of ad-hoc contract, planning and claim related support on live Land Reclamation, Process Plants, Vessel Conversions, and Oil & Gas projects.
- Assistance in the assessment of a Delay in Start Up insurance claim.
- Assistance in an Expert Determination of issues in accordance with the terms of the Contract.