+34 91 406 7306
Laura Cózar is a partner at Accuracy. She is an infrastructure and energy specialist providing solutions since 2002 in the context of complex long-term projects, mainly in three situations: decision-making, disputes and transactions..
She holds a Master of Civil Engineering and an MBA. She has a solid background in construction and project management from her early years as a design engineer and later developed strong accounting and valuation skills that she applies to a variety of engagements.
Before joining Accuracy in 2015, she launched and ran a firm specialised in advisory in large projects developed under public–private partnership (PPP) / concession schemes.
She is a registered Forensic Engineer in Spain and a Member of the Society of Construction Law in England.
Laura speaks Spanish and English, and she understands French.
- Master in Civil Engineering. UAX, Madrid (2002)
- Executive MBA ESIC Business School (2013)
- Project Finance training at IE Business School and Financial training at Wharton (2013-2015).
Laura has worked as an independent expert in the quantification of financial damages on over 15 international arbitration cases involving large infrastructure and energy projects.
As a PPP/Project Finance expert, Laura has advised banks, corporations and institutional investors in several large transactions and has advised governments during the planning stage of major infrastructure projects.
She has worked as International Project Finance expert for the United Nations.
In decision-making contexts, Laura assesses the feasibility of clients’ project deployment strategy and business plan, risk analysis & modelling and market/industry studies.
Laura has provided advice in over 50 infrastructure projects in 20 countries across all continents.
- Assessment of damages and underlying economic and financial arguments behind 10 claims against a public entity in the context of ICSID and SCC arbitrations, in relation to renewable energy incentives.
- Expert report and assistance to the Judge in a litigation concerning the price of a construction project.
- Appointed as International Project Finance Expert by the United Nations to assess four hydroelectric PPP projects in Nicaragua.
- Assistance to the Ministry of Finance of Uruguay, the Colombian Government, the European Commission and the Inter-American Development Bank in the structuring of PPP programmes.
- Risk analysis and simulation model to forecast the completion date and final budget of a hydroelectric project in Guatemala.
For the financing of greenfield PPP projects
- $6bn Line 2 Lima Metro, Peru.
- Costa da Morte highway, Spain.
- IJmuiden Sea Lock, the Netherlands.
For the acquisition of brownfield assets
- Buy-side due diligence for the acquisition of Globalvia, a concession group with a portfolio of over 25 transport assets in Europe and Latin America.
- Advice to infrastructure pension funds regarding the acquisition of over 20 PPP highways in Latin America.