+33 1 58 75 70 12
Jean-Baptiste de Courcel is a partner at Accuracy. He has more than 20 years of experience in accounting and financial services, including forensic accounting and damage quantification.
Jean-Baptiste de Courcel specialises in forensic, litigation and arbitration support. He has been involved in numerous disputes before national courts and arbitral tribunals, to assess damages, provide arguments on the financial, accounting and economic situations, and testify as an expert witness.
Jean-Baptiste also frequently assists large groups in the context of acquisitions and disposals: business valuation, buy-side and sell-side due diligence, vendor assistance, negotiation of sale and purchase agreements, as well as business plan modelling.
Jean-Baptiste speaks French and English.
- Master’s degree in finance and accounting from Dauphine
Jean-Baptiste de Courcel specialises in providing business analysis and valuations of damages resulting from expropriation, unfair competition, breach of fair and equitable treatment, breach of commercial contracts, M&A disputes and construction claims.
Jean-Baptiste is recognised amongst the leading expert witnesses in arbitration and litigation, by both Who’s Who Legal and Décideurs.
Jean-Baptiste has worked on matters before the French and Monaco Courts, as well as in ad hoc, ICC, SCC and ICSID arbitration forums and under the UNCITRAL rules.
Damage assessment and valuation in litigation and arbitration contexts
- Appointed expert in an ICC arbitration to assess damages relating to an EPC turnkey contract for the revamping of a refinery (claims and counterclaims : cost of change orders, disruptions, delay, penalties, loss of profits).
- Appointed expert by an oil & gas major in an ad hoc arbitration to assess damages arising from the early termination of a 70 year old contract.
- Appointed expert by an oil & gas major in an arbitration to challenge €10 billion damages valuation arising from the alleged breach of a production sharing agreement.
- Appointed expert in a litigation arising from unfair competition in the mobile telecommunications sector.
- Appointed expert by a petrochemical company to quantify the lost profits caused by a fire at one of its industrial sites.
- Expert mandated by a pay TV production company in a litigation initiated by market competitors for abuse of its dominant position.
- Appointed by a court to value the assets of individuals.
- Instructed by a Board of Directors to investigate irregularities and breaches in the rules of the petrol for food programme in Iraq.
- Financial investigation into the completeness of information provided by a vendor in a sale process and consequences on the price paid by the purchaser.
- Financial investigation into accounting fraud committed by the management of a subsidiary in overstating company profits.