+34 9 14 06 73 01
Eduard Saura is the Managing Partner for Spain and Latin America at Accuracy. He focuses on providing expert advisory consulting for investors in cross-border acquisitions and disposals as well as in providing independent assessments of damages in commercial and investment international arbitration.
Eduard has more than 20 years of experience in various fields of corporate finance, including due diligence, valuation, regulation, risk assessment that he has applied in a broad spectrum of high-value business situations and cases: M&A processes, damage assessment, mediation, joint-venture analysis, negotiation of complex contracts, etc.
Eduard speaks Spanish, English, French, and Catalan.
- DESS (Master’s degree) in Finance and Capital Markets, Institut d’Etudes Politiques Paris, 1995
- Economics, University of Barcelona, 1993
Eduard started his career in the financial department of Schlumberger and then moved to Arthur Andersen in Paris, where he conducted audit and due diligence work for large French corporations and international private equity firms. Since then, he has conducted dozens of due diligence, particularly in cross-border contexts.
Eduard is also regularly called as expert in dispute resolution situations and has testified in several highly sensitive disputes involving claims of several hundred million euros. He has worked on matters before the ICC, SCC and ICSID arbitration forums, both for Claimants and Respondents and both for corporations and for states.
Eduard is recognised among the leading expert witnesses in Europe by Who’s Who Legal both in Construction Quantum and Forensic and Litigation consulting.
Due diligence and valuation
- Buy-side financial due diligence for a private equity firm on one of the leading parking facilities companies in Europe
- Sell-side due diligence on 20 shopping centres in Spain sold by a French REITs company to a large French MNC retailer.
- Buy-side due diligence on a leading manufacturer of wind turbines.
- Fairness opinion on the value of a portfolio of wind assets owned by a Spanish private equity firm.
- Appointed expert by a Spanish construction company following the termination of the construction contract for an airport runway in Asia.
- Appointed by the Kingdom of Spain in various ICSID and SCC disputes related to the change in regulations regarding the renewable energy sector. Prepared regulatory and quantum reports.
- Appointed independent expert regarding the investment arbitration between Chile against a philantopic foundation following a breach of the Spanish – Chile BIT.
- Appointed independent expert by a water and wastewater treatment company in an ICSID case against the a South American country.
- Appointed by two European countries to provide an independent analysis on the price evolution of certain raw materials used in a railway construction under concession (ad-hoc arbitration).
- Appointed expert by the claimant (a Tobacco distributor) against a manufacturer following the termination of the distribution contract.
- Review of the financial reliability of several joint ventures in the Oil & Gas industry for majors oil companies and NOCs.
- Transfer pricing assessment on various Real Estate companies in Spain for tier-1 international Private Equity funds.