+44 203 861 4670
Edmond Richards is a director at Accuracy. He has over nine years’ experience in the forensics sector, joining Accuracy in May 2014. He previously worked at Charles River Associates in London.
Edmond has worked on a number of litigation and arbitration engagements and has assisted in giving expert advice in loss of profits, contentious valuation and fraud cases. He has also advised on non-contentious valuations and transactions, both sell-side and buy-side.
Edmond has a broad range of sector experience including manufacturing, mining, TMT, transport, oil and gas, renewables, consumer goods and hospitality.
Edmond speaks English, as well as French and Spanish at an intermediate level.
- MSci (Hons) Physics, Imperial College London (2010)
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (2013)
Edmond has been appointed as a named expert in commercial arbitrations under both SCAI and ICC rules. He has also given expert advice in numerous other commercial arbitrations, across a variety of sectors and geographies, including under ICC, DIFC, VIAC and NAI rules.
Edmond has given expert advice in investment treaty arbitrations under both ICSID and UNCITRAL rules, including for claims in excess of USD 1bn.
Edmond has given expert advice in litigations in UK, Hong Kong and Singapore courts. He has also performed investigations into allegations of corruption, misappropriation of funds and cartels. Edmond’s further professional advisory experience consists of non-contentious valuations, transactions, business plan reviews, preliminary claim reviews and strategy consulting.
- Named expert in a SCAI arbitration in the telecoms sector in Eastern Europe
- Named expert in an ICC arbitration relating to the production of alloys in Central Asia
- ICC arbitration in the sports rights sector
- DIFC arbitration relating to the alleged breaches of a distribution agreement by a global consumer electronics manufacturer
- VIAC arbitration relating to a disputed earn-out in the media sector in Eastern Europe
- ICC arbitration claim in the aviation sector
- ICC arbitration relating to the supply of allegedly defective consumer electronic goods
- ICC arbitration relating to alleged breaches of contract in the manufacturing sector
- Expropriation claim in the mining sector in Central Asia under ICSID rules
- Expropriation claim in the hotel sector in North Africa under UNCITRAL rules
- Expropriation claim in the mining sector in Central Asia under UNCITRAL rules
- UK high court litigation arising from the non-consensual restructuring of a major car parts manufacturer
- Investigation into allegations of corruption in a utilities provider
- Investigation into the alleged misappropriation of pension fund
- Provision of a fairness opinion in the telecoms sector
- Acquisition of a UK-based software provider by a global civil engineering firm
- Business plan review and preparation for an air transport provider