Christophe Schmit is one of the founding partners of Accuracy. Christophe advises large corporations on some of their critical operations or decisions, including: international disputes, preliminary assessment of targets, due diligence, business plan preparation, business valuation, assistance to business restructuring.
Prior to founding Accuracy, Christophe was a Partner of Ernst & Young in Paris (formerly Arthur Andersen) having joined in 1993.
Christophe speaks French and English.
- Diploma in Business Studies, HEC Paris
- Christophe is a graduate from HEC Paris Business School, 1992
- M.Sc. in Accounting
Christophe has particular expertise in the analysis of facts from an economic and financial standpoint and in the quantification of damages. He has been involved in cases covering a variety of situations (breach of contract, construction claims, expropriation, market eviction, intellectual property, M&A) and industrial sectors (oil and gas, engineering, construction, infrastructure).
On numerous occasions Christophe has given evidence in international arbitration cases and been subject to both direct examination and cross-examination. He also regularly acts as independent expert appointed by both parties in M&A disputes.
Damage assessment and valuation in litigation and arbitration contexts
- Expert in a dispute relating to an alleged state aid. Drafted expert report and testified for a claimant in the Energy & Utilities sector.
- Acted for the Claimant as a financial expert appointed to assess the financial consequences resulting from an expropriation in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Financial expert in a post-M&A dispute (breach of representations and warranties). Drafted expert report and testified for the defendant in the Engineering sector.
- Financial expert in a dispute relating to a construction contract. Drafted expert report. Testified for the defendant in the Infrastructure sector.
- Economic and valuation expert to assess the losses claimed in an alleged breach of fair and equitable treatment (ICSID).
- Economic and financial expert in the context of private enforcement proceedings (various cartels).
- Assisted on the reorganisation of a large French energy MNC for the disposal of the reactor business and capital increase from the French State.
- Assisted a leading European industrial group in the context of the take-over by a leading private equity company.
- Regularly advise M&A operations of several large corporations including a French electric utility company, an energy service company and a large French rail transport MNC.
- Forensic expert appointed to carry out an internal investigation in the context of an alleged corruption case in Eastern Europe.