+33 1 58 75 70 02
Damien Gros is one of the founding partners of Accuracy. Damien advises large corporations on some of their critical operations or decisions including international disputes, preliminary assessment of targets, buy-side and sell-side due diligence, business plan preparation, business valuation and assistance to business restructuring.
Prior to founding Accuracy, Damien was with Ernst & Young in Paris (formerly Arthur Andersen) having joined the firm in 1994.
With a truly international profile, Damien monitors a major part of Accuracy’s geographical expansion and has successfully led engagements on all continents.
Damien speaks French and English.
- Diploma in Business Studies, EDHEC
Damien Gros has significant experience in the Defence and Aerospace, Manufacturing, Media and Professional services sectors.
Damien has been appointed as an expert witness many times in international arbitrations, dealing with the investigation and quantification of damages in the context of post M&A, investment, commercial or IP disputes.
On numerous occasions, Damien has given evidence in international arbitration cases and been subject to both direct examination and cross-examination. He has also acted as an independent expert appointed by both parties in M&A disputes.
Damien regularly leads forensic accounting engagements in the context of fraud or anti-bribery investigations and performs transaction advisory services and valuations mostly for large, listed international corporations.
Dispute and Arbitration
- Expert determination (§ 1592 of the French Code Civil) – €50m – Manufacturing: Appointed as expert in the context of a post-M&A dispute relating to eight disputed items when determining the final consideration (China, France)
- ICC Paris – €1,500m – Media: Appointed as financial expert in an international arbitration related to a breach of contract (UAE)
- French courts – €25m – Retail: Appointed as financial expert in a dispute regarding alleged unreasonable financial support
- Post-M&A disputes: Engaged in a number of cases of breach of representations and warranties or disputes on price adjustments relating to M&A activity (several engagements in various jurisdictions including France, USA, United Kingdom, Italy)
- Corruption matters – Specialised retail in Africa (consumer goods): Appointed as financial expert to analyse and quantify alleged irregular or improper payments made to third parties likely to be non-compliant with the OECD Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions (Cameroun, Burkina Faso)
- Fraud – Case pending – $50m – Luxury brands & specialised retail: Appointed as financial expert to analyse and quantify alleged fraudulent payments and misappropriation of funds (Italy, France, Netherlands, Switzerland)
- French courts – €20m – Transport and logistics: Appointed as financial expert in a dispute related to an alleged misappropriation of assets between a company specialised in transport and logistics and a key manufacturer of pallets
- Corruption matters – Specialised retail in Africa (insurance brokerage): Appointed as financial expert to analyse and quantify alleged irregular or improper payments made to third parties likely to be non-compliant with the OECD Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions (Ivory Coast, Cameroun, Gabon)
- Corruption matters Media (Switzerland/France): Appointed as financial expert to analyse the economic environment in which a large commercial contract was awarded
Transaction advisory and financial assessments
- Regularly leads buy-side due diligence engagements in the USA for various large European corporations
- Regularly advises M&A operations of several large corporations including a major French defence & aerospace company and a major French luxury group