Julien Baudinaud is a director at Accuracy with over 12 years of professional experience. He started his career at Accuracy’s Paris office where he conducted more than 40 engagements over six years. He then held various positions in the finance department of a large French listed corporation before joining Accuracy’s Hong Kong office in 2021. He finally joined back the Paris office in 2023.
Julien’s field of expertise covers in particular assistance to large corporations in complex situations, financial due diligence and financial modelling. From his experience in a corporation, Julien gained extensive knowledge of M&A processes, Financial Planning and Analysis, and transformation and change management, whilst also developing his skillset as chief financial officer.
Julien has advised numerous corporations and private equity firms in the context of acquisitions and disposals. He has conducted financial due diligence, price adjustments, execution of warranty clauses, and he has assisted in post-merger disputes. From his experience as a project leader in a large French listed corporation, Julien also developed expertise in M&A deal negotiation and execution, managing multiple streams with various stakeholders.
Julien has conducted many company and complex asset valuations (corporations, business units, management packages, SPAC warrants, mortgage portfolio), in the context of the issuance of securities, disposal of assets, restructuring, impairment tests and annual reporting.
Project advisory and decision-making
Julien has assisted clients in complex modelling in the context of business development, contract renegotiation and fundraising. He also conducted numerous engagements on long-term project reviews in the context of risk assessment, cost at completion, delay analysis, and preparation and review of claims on construction contracts.
- Major French international retailer: prepared turnaround business plan and vendor financial due diligence in the context of the strategic repositioning of its controlling shareholder.
- Press distribution: prepared vendor financial due diligence for major branch of a multinational corporation in the context of a portfolio refocusing.
- Event agency: conducted buy-side financial due diligence and takeover assistance of a leading French event player in the context of an LBO.
- Post-M&A: led forensic investigation and assisted criminal and civil legal action for a major French player in the context of alleged fraud, deceit and misrepresentations, in a post-acquisition dispute.
- Impairment: completed the valuation of a main French postal service company including its banking and insurance divisions, in the context of asset impairment by its shareholder.
- Reporting: conducted year-end valuations of leading French property developer’s assets in the context of its financial reporting.
- Divestment: stress tests on a portfolio of 500,000+ mortgages to prepare tranches and fair-value assessment in the context of the dismantling of a major financial institution.
Project advisory and decision-making
- ICC arbitration: led quantification of damages in international arbitration related to a commercial dispute involving parties in France and the USA (chemicals).
- Quantum and delay assessment of EPC contractor’s claims faced by the owner on a major port infrastructure project.
- Quantum and delay assessment of nuclear reactor projects, with a focus on engineering study expenses.
- Contract renegotiation: appointed as an independent expert to assess the costs and fair price of a nuclear downstream contract in the context of periodical five-year renegotiation.
- Cost at completion: appointed by leading defence contractor to carry out a financial review of the main projects in portfolio.