+34 91 406 7326
Thomas Champy is a Director at Accuracy. Thomas previously acquired an experience in financial audit and due diligence during his three years in a Big 4 audit firm in Paris. Thomas participated in the audit of large French companies listed on the CAC40 and also performed Sarbanes-Oxley procedures and certifications.
Thomas subsequently joined Accuracy Madrid in 2007. He has regularly worked as an expert advisor in the context of acquisitions or disposals, including buy-side financial due diligence, vendor due diligence and assistance with price adjustments. He has participated in other situations related to transactions such as pre-deal diagnostic works and post-deal acquisition integration.
Thomas also specialises in special situations including joint-venture audits in the Oil & Gas sector and contentious matters, including providing assistance in international arbitration cases.
Thomas speaks French, Spanish and English.
- M.Sc. Management (Distinction), Neoma Business School, 2004
Thomas has been working for Upstream Oil & Gas industry for almost 10 years. His experience in the Exploration & Production (E&P) sector encompasses joint-venture reviews (pre-dispute contexts), farm-in/out due diligence assessments and other consulting projects for many operators and majors of the industry, in different regions: South America (Colombia, Peru, Venezuela, Trinidad & Tobago,…), Africa (Algeria) and Asia (Azerbaijan).
Thomas has worked on a large variety of issues requiring in-depth Oil & Gas sector expertise for commercial events, legal disputes, tax issues, legal and PSC obligations, market regulations and suppliers’ contract specificities.
Oil & Gas assets financial and consulting advisory
- Over the last 10 years, Thomas has participated in more than 25 E&P joint-ventures audits.
- Thomas has been appointed to conduct many minority shareholders financial analysis of Oil & Gas companies operating in the E&P business, covering the following issues for example:
- – Check that oil and gas sales to main shareholder’s affiliates are optimised.
- – Review of corporate costs charged by all main shareholder’s affiliates (reasonability of such services and transfer prices compliance).
- – Review income tax calculation and check tax obligations compliance (non-deductible costs).
- Thomas has also participated in many financial consulting projects in the E&P sector, such as:
- – Vendor audits and tender process reviews.
- – Farm-in/outs due diligence processes: review the financial statements, verify the consistency with legal documents and ensure operator´s compliance with all the agreements in force, and detect and quantify hidden liabilities.
- – Internal control assessment: cash modelling and design of cost allocation methods.
Other relevant sectorial experience
- Real Estate: vendor and buy-side due-diligences of significant retail asset portfolio and shopping malls.
- Renewable energies:
- – Support on several ICSID arbitrations investors against the Kingdom of Spain (critical analysis of the damage quantification and the Claimant’s claim and alternative valuation).
- – Buy-side due diligence for a private equity on several wind and photovoltaic plants based in Spain.
- Pharma: buy-side due diligences of various laboratories networks.