+33 1 58 75 75 46
Taoufik Lachheb is a partner at Accuracy. He specialises in project advisory and forensic analysis in a variety of contexts and sectors. Before joining Accuracy in 2013, Taoufik spent 12 years in the management of large projects in the shipbuilding, nuclear and mining industry.
Taoufik acts as expert witness on matters pertaining to project controls and project management, time and analysis of delay, acceleration, losses of productivity on large construction and manufacturing projects across a wide variety of sectors. He also provides advice on project execution and contracting strategy, claims negotiation, risk management, and prepares cost and time models on long-term projects.
Taoufik is a mechanical and process engineer with background in project management and project controls on large construction projects. He is an experienced professional, has been working for contractors, owners and consultants in a variety of challenging international environments.
Taoufik speaks English and French.
- General Management Program, Harvard Business School (2011).
- Master’s in Mechanical and Process Engineering, Ecole Supérieure de Techniques Avancées, ENSTA – Paris – France (1998-2000).
- Ecole Polytechnique – Palaiseau – France (1995-1998).
Taoufik has been appointed as a project management and/or delay expert witness in UK High Court litigation and international arbitration under ICC, ICSID and LMAA and other ad hoc rules. He has given evidence in English and French.
- Expert witness in the context of delays during the construction of a superyacht in Europe. Provided written and oral evidence in LMAA arbitration (London).
- Delay expert witness on a large Oil & Gas facility (CPF plant) in North Africa in the context of a dispute under ICC rules of arbitration (Paris). Provided written and oral evidence to the tribunal.
- Delay expert witness on a large Oil & Gas facility (LNG plant) in North Africa in the context of an international arbitration under ICC rules of arbitration (Paris). Provided written evidence before settlement of the case between the parties.
- Delay expert witness on a large Oil & Gas facility (Refinery plant) in North Africa in the context of an international arbitration under ICC rules of arbitration (Paris). Provided written evidence before settlement of the case between the parties.
- Delay expert witness on a desalination plant project in North Africa in the context of a construction arbitration under ICC rules of arbitration (Paris).
- Independent delay and disruption expert to advise a Lebanese contractor on an industrial plant project in Abu Dhabi in the context of an ICC expert determination proceeding – provided oral evidence following ICC rules.
- Independent delay and EPC contractor performance assessment of a 58 month FPSO project prior to sail-away.
- Advising the owner on the project execution and contracting strategy in connection to the implementation of a large fertilisers complex project in East Africa.
- Advising the owner of a $7bn mining, process and infrastructure projects portfolio on time and cost to completion issues in North Africa.
- Advised the owner of 3rd generation nuclear facilities in Europe, on time, cost and risk to completion risks.