+44 203 861 4694
Stephen Lee is a director at Accuracy. Stephen provides expert advice on large capital projects and specialises in delay analysis and programme and commercial management in the context of formal dispute settings and in support of commercial decision-making.
He is a Chartered Engineer with over 15 years’ experience in construction and infrastructure. In the last eight years, he has provided delay, claim and commercial advice to clients in the infrastructure, renewables, oil and gas, manufacturing, IT, financial, public and real estate sectors. He previously worked for seven years as a structural engineer within an international design practice. He has worked on projects located in a in a number of jurisdictions including Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Africa.
Stephen speaks English.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) and Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE)
- MEng (Hons) Civil & Architectural Engineering, University of Bath
Stephen has been appointed as an independent expert in delay in international arbitration proceedings. He has extensive experience in capital project disputes ranging in value between $25 million and $15 billion arising in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Central America.
Stephen has also been engaged in roles by both government and private sector clients to investigate and assist them in understanding why their capital projects were delayed and over budget.
- Co-appointed as delay expert on behalf of a concrete works contractor in relation to the construction of four below ground metro stations – Middle East.
- Provided independent delay expertise in relation to a $150 million airport cargo-handling terminal – Middle East.
- Provided independent delay expertise in relation to a $12bn international airport – Middle East.
- Provided independent delay advice to the owner of a $14bn LNG oil and gas project – West Africa.
- Provided independent delay advice to the owner of an $8bn financial district – Middle East.
- Provided independent delay expertise for the steelwork subcontractor on a $1bn offshore wind project heard at the TCC – UK.
- Supported the party-appointed expert to provide independent delay expertise for the owner of a residential tower, one of the tallest in the region – Middle East.
- Provided independent delay expertise to an international contractor in relation to a super prime residential refurbishment project – UK.
- Provided independent delay expertise to a contractor in relation to a 750 MW coal-fired power station – Central America.
Advisory and achievability reviews (Schedule; Cost; Risk; Governance; and Capability)
- Technology project contract management review for a UK government body.
- Programme achievability review of an IT project for a financial sector client.
- Disputes readiness review, undertaking targeted reviews of a construction company’s governance, processes and procedures for managing its risk in disputes.
- Programme achievability review for a rail infrastructure client.