+44 203 861 4654
Roula is a Partner at Accuracy. She specialises in contentious valuations and the assessment of quantum issues in international arbitration and litigation cases.
Roula has been valuing companies, listed and unlisted securities, and intellectual property rights in commercial and contentious contexts since 2000. She has a broad range of experience in the assessment of complex damages in high-value international arbitration and litigation cases in matters involving breach of contract, investment treaty claims, transaction-related disputes, and intellectual property infringement.
Roula is a member of the Society of Share and Business Valuers and of the Valuation and Forensic Special Interest Groups of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW).
Roula speaks English, French, and Arabic.
- Fellow of the ICAEW
- M.Sc. Management (Distinction), London School of Economics, 1998
- Diploma in Business Studies, LSE and EDHEC, 1996
Roula has been appointed as expert on numerous occasions and has testified. She has also acted as an independent expert appointed under a shareholders’ agreement or joint venture agreement to determine the value of shares or joint venture interests.
Roula is recognised among the leading expert witnesses worldwide by Who’s Who Legal in Arbitration, for the quantum of damages and in forensic accounting.
Roula has worked on matters before the UK High Court, the UK Family Division, the Patents Court, the French commercial court, as well as in LCIA, ICC, SCC and ICSID arbitration forums and under the UNCITRAL rules, and in mediation.
Damage assessment and valuation in litigation and arbitration contexts
- Expert reports and joint statement in an ICC arbitration relating to the termination of a reseller agreement between a global pharmaceuticals manufacturer and its exclusive reseller in the Middle East
- Expert reports and joint statement in a litigation relating to the value of a Central Asian mobile telecoms business
- Expert report on the value of a number of Russian cement businesses for litigation then for LCIA arbitration purposes
- Expert report on the valuation of a number of nuclear power plants in a litigation against an EU government
- Expert reports in an ICSID arbitration case between an investor in health insurance companies and an Eastern European government. This engagement included the valuation of health insurance companies
- Expert determination for a Saudi Arabian Arbitration Tribunal on the value of an adhesives business in the Middle East in the context of a JV dispute
- Appointed member of a college of experts to estimate the value of a 50% holding in a chemicals JV in Egypt and to design and supervise the bidding process for the shares
Intellectual Property disputes
- Expert report in relation to a breach of patent relating to airline seats
- Assessed damages in a pharmaceutical patent infringement case for settlement purposes
- Expert report in a Patents Court case estimating losses from a breach of patent relating to a dermatology medicine