+44 203 861 4686
- about Richard
- in-depth expertise
- examples of engagements
Richard Scott is a Partner at Accuracy. He specialises in providing advice to owners and contractors delivering major infrastructure programmes. He has advised on some of the most complex and significant programmes in recent years.
Richard has more than 20 years’ experience with construction contractors and management consultants in the UK, Russia and Southeast Asia. His experience covers both public and private sectors and spans across industries. He spent 12 years in Hong Kong managing the construction of rail, road and port projects, before joining PwC in 2006, where he grew PwC’s capital projects advisory business, leading its focus in the transport sector.
Richard has overseen the set-up of a number of iconic projects as well as having undertaken high-profile turnarounds of projects that have suffered cost and time overruns.
Richard speaks English.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) and Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE)
- BEng (Hons) Civil & Structural Engineering, University of Manchester Institute of Science & Technology
Richard has advised on the initiation of large projects in real-estate, railways and roads in the UK, Russia, Eastern Europe, Northern Africa, Hong Kong and Singapore. His roles have included acting as an expert advisor to owners and developers as well as overseeing large teams in the transformation of projects. His advice covers areas of project structuring, procurement, operating models, governance and the control of cost, risk and time.
He has built credibility for driving out cost savings throughout the project lifecycle – in development, during delivery and during operations.
Richard has additionally undertaken a number of noteworthy investigations into projects and contracts that have fallen into difficulties and he has implemented changes to correct the course of these projects.
Previously as a manager of construction and engineering with major international contractors, he has extensive experience in the design, development and construction of major projects, as well as the management of complex contracts.
Project initiation and procurement
- Strategic advice, cost and schedule forecasting for $100bn high speed rail (Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS))
- Strategic advice on the initiation and establishment of a project office for a mega-real estate development (CIS)
- Establishment of organisational governance and project office – $4bn real-estate development (UK)
- Commercial viability assessments and infrastructure masterplan for a territory (CIS)
- Commercial viability assessments – $6bn Innovation City (CIS)
- In-depth study into cost and technical efficiencies on $20bn new railway (Europe)
- Procurement advice on airport railway project (CIS)
Project transformation, implementation of controls over cost, time, risk and scope
- Delivery Partner – Implementation of programme controls and new operating model, rail programme (UK)
- Project controls implementation – agriculture company (Sudan & UAE)
Project reviews and investigations
- High-profile investigation into overruns on a $10bn rail project (Southeast Asia)
- Investigation into contractor performance on rail PPP (UK)
- Review of contract management practices, UK Ministry (UK)
- Assessment of project outturn position for main contractor (Europe)
- Reviews of nuclear sector decommissioning projects (UK)
Disputes and forensic reviews
- Supplier contracts cost recovery for telecoms business (Italy, Germany, Romania)
- Lead advisor and delay expert – Construction mediation for approach viaducts to iconic bridge (Southeast Asia)
- Technical advisor, arbitration relating to corruption in the construction of high-rise buildings (Southeast Asia)
Asset management and market strategies
- Development of new asset management strategy for the rail industry – metro operator (UK)
- Assessment of national supply chain capability (CIS)
- Construction structural engineer – Port development (Hong Kong and China)
- Engineering management and planning – Complex road interchange (Hong Kong)
- Engineering management – New railway tunnel (Hong Kong)
- Tender manager – large Chinese civil engineering contractor