+33 1 58 75 70 47
Morgan is a partner at Accuracy. He has extensive experience conducting cross-border internal and government investigations, including investigations of fraud, corruption, sanctions violations, and competition issues. Morgan has experience leading investigations in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and the Americas.
Prior to joining Accuracy’s Paris office in 2019, Morgan worked in Washington DC as a US investigations attorney for 14 years at a large, international law firm, representing multinational companies in enforcement actions by the US Department of Justice, US Securities and Exchange Commission, UK Serious Fraud Office, the World Bank, and the African Development Bank.
Morgan speaks English and French.
- Georgetown University Law Center (Juris Doctor, 2004)
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service (Bachelor of Science, 1998)
Morgan’s investigations experience includes managing all aspects of cross-border internal and government investigations, including developing overall review strategies, conducting witness interviews, managing large-scale document collections and reviews, assessing local data privacy laws, collaborating with financial experts to review and analyse financial records, responding to government information and document requests, preparing investigation reports, and briefing senior-level corporate stakeholders and government officials on investigation findings.
In addition to his investigations experience, Morgan also has experience conducting complex, corruption-focused due diligence reviews of business partners and acquisition targets; conducting corruption-focused risk assessments of companies’ international business operations; and advising global companies on the development, enhancement, and implementation of corruption-focused compliance programmes.
- Conducting fraud and corruption-related investigations for a global company in 15 countries in Asia, Europe, and the Americas, including representing the company in corruption-related enforcement actions brought by US and UK enforcement authorities.
- Representing a global conglomerate in its Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) resolution with the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Representing a global conglomerate in FCPA-related DOJ investigations in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
- Conducting a large FCPA-focused internal investigation in China for a technology company.
- Representing an international engineering firm in corruption-focused enforcement actions brought by the World Bank for conduct in Asia and by the African Development Bank for conduct in Africa.
- Representing a global conglomerate in a corruption-focused enforcement action brought by the African Development Bank for conduct in the Middle East.
- Conducting a government-initiated fraud and corruption investigation for a European gaming company.
- Conducting corruption-focused risk assessments for a global manufacturing company in markets in Asia and the Middle East.
- Conducting a global review of a multinational pharmaceutical company’s compliance programme, including advising regarding policies and procedures relating to gifts, travel, hospitality, training, and the due diligence of business partners.