+1 514 437 6502
Melissa Di Marco is a vice president at Accuracy. She has over thirteen years of experience in major projects in Canada, the United States and abroad.
Since 2010, she has acquired extensive experience in strategic development, valuation and the negotiation of commercial agreements as well as in the implementation of project execution plans within the Infrastructure and Mining sectors for major engineering and construction companies such as Bechtel and SNC-Lavalin.
Melissa Di Marco is in charge of the Project Advisory and Disputes (PAD) practice in Canada.
Melissa speaks English (native speaker), French (fluent) and Italian (fluent).
- 1. Ph.D. & MSc in Construction & Engineering Management, Columbia University (New York, NY), 2011
- 2. B.Eng. in Civil Engineering, McGill University (Montreal, QC), 2006
Melissa comes from a project development background and has been involved in the implementation and procurement of large-scale projects, including various alternative delivery models such as public-private partnerships (PPP) in Canada, the United States and internationally.
She is a civil engineering and construction professional with extensive knowledge in commercial contract best practices and risk management, having worked in various project sectors such as rail, transport, building, social infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, and clean power.
Melissa also has expertise in promoting team efficiency and productivity through the evaluation of project management systems and the implementation of process improvement for joint venture partnerships specific to major project executions.
Project Development & Advisory Experience
- Several engagements as proposal and commercial director for the design, building and financing (DBF) as well as for the design, building, financing, operation and maintenance (DBFOM) of major infrastructure projects in Canada and the US.
- Executive committee member, proposal and commercial director related to the programme management and construction management of a major airport expansion project in Canada.
- Provided advisory services to the owner/developer related to the construction of an offshore wind farm in north-east US and Canada, regarding (i) market outlook and labour resources in the region, (ii) estimates for construction fabrication dry-dock and (iii) the procurement process of local contractors.
- Interface management and project performance audit for the contractor of a greenfield aluminium refinery EPCM contract in the Middle East.
- Advisory services to the contractor in (i) identifying opportunities for offshore outsourcing for engineering services, (ii) developing the project interface plan for multiparty construction sites and (iii) starting up remote project offices for several EPCM/EPC contracts.
- Pre-construction manager (client representative) for the design and construction of a multi-phase new campus capital development in New York.
- Provided expert advice regarding interface management between local and remote project engineering offices in order to maximise design production and handover for the engineering, procurement, and fabrication at a refinery in north-western US.
- Strategy advisor and JV steering committee member for the expansion of production capacity of a mine in South America.