+49 69 97788 7328
Maren Burtoft is a director at Accuracy. She has over 15 years’ professional experience and joined Accuracy in 2011, having previously worked for KPMG in Germany and England.
Maren is specialised in damage assessments for international arbitral proceedings. Further, she regularly advises corporate and private equity clients in the context of complex cross-border transactions.
Maren is fluent in English, German and French.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- MA (Hons) International Business with French, The University of Edinburgh
Maren is specialised in damage assessments and the preparation of expert reports in the context of international arbitral proceedings (ICC, SIAC) and litigation cases. Her experience covers construction claims, commercial disputes and post-M&A proceedings.
Maren also has expertise in advising financial and strategic investors on complex cross-border acquisitions and disposals: buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence, vendor assistance, carve-outs as well as SPA advice.
During her career, Maren has worked across a wide range of industry sectors including construction, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy and logistics.
Damage assessments in the context of arbitration and litigation
- ICC London arbitration relating to significant overruns and delay on a major construction project in Israel
- ICC Paris arbitration relating to damages incurred by an automotive supplier as a result of the delivery of an allegedly faulty component by its supplier
- ICC Paris arbitration in the aerospace and defence industry
- SIAC arbitration relating to significant delays in the context on an airport expansion project in Asia
- Swiss litigation relating to the freezing of a portfolio of securities held by a Swiss bank
- French litigation relating to a business interruption claim in the petrochemical industry
- Vendor assistance to a French telecoms group on the sale of its UK mobile joint venture
- Buy-side financial due diligence for a listed French water and waste management group on the contemplated acquisition of a German operator of chemical parks
- Buy-side financial due diligence for an infrastructure fund on its acquisition of a stake in a European energy group
- Vendor assistance (including preparation of carve-out financial information and a financial Fact Book) for a listed German healthcare group (DAX 30) on the disposal of a business division
- Buy-side financial due diligence for a listed French energy and transport group on the proposed acquisition of a German wind turbine manufacturer
- Buy-side financial due diligence for a private equity investor on the envisaged acquisition of a French manufacturer of OTC-drugs
- Buy-side financial due diligence for a listed French pharmaceutical group in the context of the envisaged acquisition of a German veterinary health company
- Buy-side financial due diligence for a private equity investor on the acquisition of a European premium logistics provider as well as buy-side due diligence in the context of several add-on acquisitions