+44 203 861 4667
Leon Visser is a director at Accuracy. He has over 16 years of professional experience focused on the processing, review and analysis of structured and unstructured data, specifically electronic and audio communications data for financial services clients.
He previously acquired extensive experience in advisory and the financial services industry with KPMG (South Africa, Ireland and the United Kingdom respectively) and AlixPartners.
Leon specializes in Forensic and Regulatory Technology and data analytics where he has worked in the Banking, Retail, Insurance, Public and Energy sectors on projects in Europe, Africa, the US, Asia (China and Hong Kong) and Russia.
Leon is fluent speaker of both English and Afrikaans.
- Bcom (Hons) Informatics, University of Pretoria, South Africa (2001)
- Diploma in Computer Auditing, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa (2003)
Leon assists financial institutions to increase the efficiency of their compliance functions though the analysis of communications. This is achieved through streamlining risk identification and reducing cost through extracting insight and value from the vast amount of communications data stored within their systems.
Leon has experience in delivering computer forensic, electronic discovery and litigation support services in matters where the results of the investigation, litigation, review or analysis may be vigorously examined by litigators, regulators, tribunals, courts or governments.
During his career he has acquired a deep knowledge and understanding of the challenges surrounding collecting and working with large structured and unstructured data sets with a particular focus on communications processing and process automation.
- Delivery of a secure communications review system for a global Tier 1 Bank to allow for the identification of communications containing potential issues through the use of a bespoke risk based approach. Initial results were identified within one week and presented using real-time interactive visualisation.
- Provision of an end-to-end compliance solution for a European bank. The solution allowed for the automated extraction and processing of communications including email and instant messages. Using machine learning, it was possible to remove 90% of false-positive communications with a 98% confidence level, saving the client €1m in review time per year.
- Forensic data preservation, processing and review of transactional data of a national African bank. Required the data from of 30+ servers to be preserved over the period of 48 hours to minimise the cost to the client of having their systems being offline.
- Supported two UK banks with claims automation in relation to payment protection insurance and notice of arrears. Required adherence to stringent legal requirements and the automation of customer claim calculations and letter generation in line with regulatory requirements.
- Contract compliance reviews of software licensing and royalties payable on copyrighted material. Required the collection and analysis of huge volumes of data, allowing for the accurate calculation correct license fees and royalties for the multi-million Euro recovery of incorrectly reported royalties and license usage.