+33 1 58 75 72 20
Laura Surun is a Director at Accuracy. She specialises in valuations of companies or assets, as well as damages in the context of arbitration and litigation cases.
Since 2008, Laura has been involved in valuation assignments in diverse contexts such as fairness opinions, transactions, fund raising, implementation of an employee shareholding fund, legal restructuring, tax purposes valuation, semi-annual portfolio valuation (investment fund).
Additionally, Laura also has experience in the assessment of damages in international arbitration cases and litigation cases before French public courts, in matters involving breach of contract, shareholders’ or transaction-related disputes.
Laura speaks French and English.
- Sc. Management, HEC, 2007
Laura’s primary expertise lies in the valuation of businesses and intangible assets such as brands and patents, and various financial instruments including shares and convertible bonds.
Laura has worked on a dozen of fairness opinions on French listed companies, among the most complex public offers which occurred over the last few years.
Laura also regularly works for large family-owned or non-listed groups, in the context of annual valuation of their shares and ad-hoc assistance on transaction-related matters or shareholders’ disputes.
Fairness opinions on listed companies
- Fairness opinion in connection with public buy-out offer followed by a squeeze-out procedure initiated by Vivendi for Havas shares (November 2017)
- Independent valuation in the connection with the public exchange offer initiated by Holcim for Lafarge shares (May 2015)
- Independent valuation in the connection with the public buy-out offer initiated by Gaillon Invest (Ardian, Fosun and top managers) for Club Méditerranée shares and OCEANE (June 2013)
Other valuation engagements
- Independent valuation of 14 subsidiaries of a French listed group in the context of a legal reorganisation
- Independent valuation of two book publishing companies in connection with their envisaged merger and independent opinion on the exchange ratio to be selected for this operation
- Annual valuation of the portfolio of brands of a luxury group, in connection with top managers’ incentive scheme
- Annual valuation of the shares of a French private construction group, in connection with its employee shareholding fund
- Independent valuation of two partially-owned subsidiaries of a European listed group, in the context of the contemplated acquisition by the group of the minority shares of these companies
- Expert report in the context of a dispute between the shareholders of a joint-venture regarding the sale of a key asset