+971 4 373 6918
Juan Sáez is a director at Accuracy. Juan provides expert advice on large capital projects worldwide. He has accompanied owners, contractors, subcontractors and funders on over 35 international megaprojects.
Juan has successfully conducted engagements in America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. He started his Accuracy career in the Madrid office and moved to Dubai in 2020 after seven years in the London office.
Juan provides advice to his clients seamlessly in English, Spanish, and French.
- Diplôme d’ingénieur, Ecole Centrale Paris, France
- MSc Industrial Engineering, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
- Applied economics degree, Université Paris Dauphine, France
Juan has been appointed and testified as an independent delay expert in international arbitration proceedings. Juan has provided written and oral testimony (including witness conferencing) before some of the most experienced construction arbitrators.
Juan has provided expert advice on a number of airport, bridge, high-rise, power plant, oil & gas, renewable and other infrastructure projects.
Juan also conducts project advisory engagements for his clients. He possesses strong dynamic scheduling and financial skills, which allow him to perform bespoke quantitative risk analyses on complex cost and time models for various industries and clients.
- Appointed delay expert witness on behalf of the EPC contractor on a $500m cable-stayed bridge – Central America.
- Appointed delay expert witness on behalf of the EPC contractor on a $120m airport expansion – Asia.
- Appointed delay expert witness on behalf of the subcontractor on a $550m CSP solar plant – North Africa.
- Appointed delay expert witness on behalf of the EPC contractor on a $120m hydroelectric power plant expansion – Central America.
- Provided independent delay and disruption expert advice for the EPCM on a $12bn new international airport – Middle East.
- Provided independent delay and disruption expert advice for the EPC contractor on a $1bn refinery revamping – North Africa.
- Provided independent delay and disruption expert advice for the owner on the construction of an $8bn financial district – Middle East.
Advisory / Decision-making
- Advised the owner of a $9bn nuclear plant on the likely delay and cost to completion for the purposes of reporting to investors – Europe.
- Advised the owner on project feasibility and contracting strategy in connection to a $3.5bn fertiliser complex project – East Africa.
- Advised a family office in the context of the acquisition of an O&G company’s EPC business. Identified and assessed material construction risks on five projects under construction affecting the valuation and funding requirements – North Africa and Middle East.
- Advised the EPC contractor on the merits of its case for delay and disruption on the construction of two 1,200 MW CCGT power plants – North Africa and Middle East.
- Advised an aircraft designer and manufacturer on the merits of its case for delay and quantum on a €1.3bn aircraft development programme – Europe.