+31 20 75 47 617
Joris Timmers is a Partner at Accuracy. He has extensive experience in the fields of transactions, valuations and disputes in national and international context.
Joris has worked with (international) corporate and private equity clients across a wide range of industries, with a particular focus on waste management services and energy & utilities.
Joris’ experience encompasses a wide range of advisory projects across Accuracy’s service lines, dealing with transaction services, dispute services, valuation analysis and decision-making projects. Joris worked domestically and internationally, across Europe and the Middle-East.
Prior to joining Accuracy in 2011, Joris gained experienced in M&A advisory and valuation at a Dutch boutique firm.
Joris speaks Dutch and English
- Executive Master Business Valuation, Rotterdam School of Management 2011;
- MSc. Financial Management, Tilburg University 2009
Joris has been working with leading private equity and corporate clients on many projects in financial advisory services in a wide variety of industries. Projects involve:
- Transactions: buy-side due diligence, sell-side due diligence, SPA reviews, business plan preparation, cash forecasting and closing adjustments.
- Valuation analysis: Litigation and arbitration support, fairness opinions and for M&A purposes.
- Decision-making projects: cash flow optimization and management reporting support.
Transaction services projects
- Waste management: numerous buy-side and sell-side due diligence projects on waste collection, processing and recycling companies. Our work included a wide range of services from the review of the financial accounts to business plan preparation support, synergy analysis and EPS dilution analysis
- Energy & utilities: several buy-side due diligence projects on energy resellers, including carve-out’s from large corporates with extensive focus on (intra-month) cash flow and liquidity requirements
- Various other industries: buy-side due diligence projects on strategic and financial investments across Europe
Damage assessment and valuation in litigation and arbitration contexts
- NAI arbitration: Financial expert for the Netherlands Arbitration Institute multiple cases, including a dispute between two large financial institutions in relation to post-M&A (carve-out) dispute
- ICC arbitration: Preparation of various pre-arbitration assessments of the valuation of damages
- Litigation: Financial expert in many cases involving financial/ valuation analysis to assess damages in disputes for the Dutch court
- UNCITRAL arbitration: Investor state arbitration relating to the valuation of expropriated assets
- Cash flow improvement program on the local business units of a large industrial company, covering diagnosis, training of local teams and deployment throughout the group
- Development of KPI management reporting tool for the supervisory board members of large real estate investor in order to monitor asset performance