+1 514 437 6516
- in-depth expertise
- examples of engagements
Etienne Berge is a Vice-President at Accuracy.
Etienne is a mechanical engineer with multiple years of experience in the management of international engineering and construction projects.
Etienne joined Accuracy Paris in 2014 where he specialized in advisory and dispute resolution services to the construction and manufacturing industries. Since then, Etienne has provided expert advice to project Owners, Contractors and Subcontractors on major construction projects in America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia.
Etienne is currently based in the Montreal office and speaks French and English.
- Masters in engineering, École des Hautes Études d’Ingénieur (HEI), Lille, France
- Specialized masters in international project management, ESCP Europe, Paris, France
Etienne is regularly acting as an independent expert on delay and damages quantification matters in a variety of context: negotiations, mediations, litigations and arbitrations.
Etienne also conducts strategic and transformation advisory engagements for our clients from the construction industry.
Etienne has been involved in various construction industry such as building, rail (infrastructure and rolling stock), road, bridge, tunnel, port, mining, oil and gas, power plants (nuclear, gas and fuel), biomass plant, process plant…
- CAD 152m Contract – Multi-phase reconstruction project of one of the main operating public bus centers in Quebec – Acted as independent delay and quantum expert on behalf of the Contractor in a negotiation context with the Owner.
- CAD 2bn project – Tunnel Retrofit in Quebec – Providing independent expert advices on multiple topics, including the quantification of the impact of COVID-19 and the definition of the payment mechanism of major change order.
- CAD 20m claim – Road work in British Columbia – Acting as independent delay and quantum expert on behalf of the Contractor in a negotiation context with the Owner.
- CAD 21m project – Construction of a residential building in Quebec – Acting as delay expert on behalf of the Owner in a litigation context against the Contractor (Superior court of Quebec).
- CAD 104m project – Bio crude plant – Canada – Delay expert on behalf of the supplier of the main equipment and licensor in connection with a dispute against the Owner on the construction of bio crude plant (RTP technology). The matter has been resolved under Canadian litigation proceedings.
- CAD 400m project – Bridge demolition in Quebec – Assisting a Joint Venture in the development of their proposal.
- USD 31m dispute – Desalination plant in Algeria – Delay Expert appointed on behalf of the Owner in connection with an arbitration against one of the investors (ICC Paris).
- USD 600m project – Train manufacturing in Canada – Assisted the Contractor in (i) assessing the Owner entitlement to LDs and (ii) reduce this entitlement in a context of negotiations.