+65 6813 0801
David Thornes is based in the Singapore office of Accuracy, which he co-leads. He has extensive experience in providing advice and support to clients in transactions and disputes.
David joined Accuracy in 2005 shortly after the inception of the company, prior to this he spent three years with the Andersen and EY teams in Paris.
Overall, David has gained more than 14 years of experience in audit, due diligences, and forensic accounting. He is regularly involved in quantum expert witness assignments, and has also coordinated numerous due diligence projects across the globe.
David also regularly carries out reviews encompassing both technical and financial issues on major infrastructure and construction projects.
David speaks English and French.
- Engineering Master’s degree from Ecole Centrale Paris, 2002
David has been involved in the preparation and coordination of many quantum expert reports, in particular for arbitration matters governed by the SIAC (Singapore) and the ICC (Paris, Geneva) rules.
Throughout his career in Paris and Singapore, David has overseen numerous cross-border buy-side and sell-side due diligence projects, mostly for large corporate and PE funds.
David has particular expertise in infrastructure projects (heavy industries and energy in particular), where he is able to make use of both his engineering background and his analytical skills.
Expert assessment in litigation and arbitration contexts
- Assessed the quantification of damages (> EUR1.0Bn) and prepared valuation expert report on a major Telecom dispute (ICC arbitration).
- Assessed the quantification of damages (ca. USD300m) for an infrastructure project in South East Asia (SIAC arbitration).
- Assessed the quantification of damages (ca. USD100m) for a construction project in India (local arbitration).
- Assessed the quantification of damages (ca. USD100m) and prepared expert report on a construction project dispute in Algeria (ICC arbitration).
- Lead the team for the quantification of damages (ca. EUR100m) and expert report preparation on an infrastructure project in Italy (local civil court).
Transaction Support, price adjustment and M&A disputes
- Coordinated Vendor due diligence preparation on a logistics/distribution business operating in 5 countries with turnover above EUR1,5Bn (Europe).
- Prepared carved-out accounts including complex financial modelling for the carve-out of a division from a Fortune 500 corporate.
- Carried-out numerous buy-side Due Diligences projects (> 10) on US-based targets in the field of Aerospace and Defence.
- Prepared closing accounts on a large acquisition in the renewables energy sector and assisted on negotiations to implement price adjustment.
Complex project reviews
- Review of cost at completion (including the impact of delay and claims) of nuclear plants construction projects and other major capex programs in Europe.