+34 91 406 7318
David Romera is a Director at Accuracy. He specialises in providing financial due diligence, assistance to vendors and advice in the context of price adjustment. He has extensive experience of both national and cross border transactions.
David started his career at Arthur Andersen as an auditor, after which he joined the Transaction Services department of a Big 4. Since then, he has focused on advising corporate clients as well as financial investors in their transactions. He has broad sector experience, with a specific experience dealing with renewable energy, oil & gas and retail sectors.
David speaks Spanish, English and French.
- BSc Business Administration, CUNEF, Madrid, 2000
- Audit and financial analysis, UCM, Madrid, 2001
- Advanced Program in Valuation of companies, IEB, Madrid
David has managed numerous cross border transactions as well as some other complex engagements such as price adjustments, joint venture reviews and carve-out analysis in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
David has also experience as an expert witness, testifying before the Spanish National High Court (Audiencia Nacional).
David has written several academic articles and is a lecturer in Private Equity and Entrepreneurship for the Master of Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship (MaCRE), a jointly developed course by INCARI and Rafael del Pino foundations.
Cross border transactions
- Supported a luxury goods conglomerate in the acquisition of a leading Spanish tanning company.
- Supported a Spanish energy company in the potential acquisition of a carve-out of a petrochemical plant in Scandinavia.
- Advised a French multinational, leader in the construction materials industry, in the sale process of a non-strategic distressed subsidiary in Spain.
- Reviewed the proposed price adjustment of the acquisition of an oil & gas block in Indonesia by a French multinational energy company.
- Advised several professional investors in their acquisitions of renewable energy assets in Spain and France (wind, solar, mini hydro).
- Assisted a French conglomerate in the acquisition and integration process of a Spanish leading company in forklifts rental.
Expert reports and other complex projects
- Expert reports in an ICSID arbitration case between an investor in renewables energy and the Kingdom of Spain. This engagement included the valuation of renewable energy companies.
- Assisted several Oil & gas companies in the analysis of non-operated joint ventures across Latin America, North Africa and Asia.
- Expert report related to the potential misconduct of former managers of a Spanish bank, analysing specific financing operations to real estate clients of the company. Ratification of our report before the Spanish National High Court.
- Assisted a defence multinational in the assessment and update of the budget of several programs. The clients were the armies of Latin America and Oceania countries.