+1 514 437 6491
David Pelletier is a Vice President at Accuracy. He is a Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) who has specialised in contentious valuations and assessment of financial quantum issues in litigation cases, in addition to providing financial advisory services in transactions.
Over the past 20 years, David has conducted valuations of small, medium and large corporations on behalf of stakeholders, including shareholders, creditors and directors. He has been involved in preparing fairness opinions for independent committees of publicly traded corporations as well as in preparing formal valuations.
David has also managed several business divestitures, acting as an advisor to the sellers to determine the value of their shares, negotiate the financial terms of the transaction and coordinate the due diligence process.
David is bilingual (French and English).
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (2006)
- Certified Mediator – IMAQ (2017)
- Member of the Québec Bar (1996)
David has developed his expertise around the following areas:
- Business valuation/fairness opinions;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Litigation support and forensic accounting;
- Compliance, governance and sound management practices.
With respect to litigation support, David has produced several expertise and counter-expertise for arbitration or judicial courts (Superior Court of Québec and Tribunal administratif du Québec). He has also been appointed as expert in business valuation and damages quantification on several occasions and has testified in court.
Business valuation/fairness opinions
- Fairness opinion to the Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of a Canadian geotechnical and structural instrumentation company in the context of the privatisation of the company and in accordance with securities regulations;
- Appraisal report as to the fair market value of the issued shares of a privately held Canadian-based company in the context of a contemplated acquisition by a U.S.-based, publicly traded company involved in the telecommunication industry;
- Valuation of an investment fund specialising in the start-up of technology companies. Such appraisal was required for the purpose of presenting the fund’s audited financial statements.
Mergers and acquisitions
- Financial advisory services to a Canadian wholesaler and retailer group of independent renovation and hardware stores with annual sales of approximately $1.3bn, in connection with a sale transaction with a large agri-food enterprise;
- Financial advisor, in the context of a divestiture of two distributors of general insurance products and related products to a large insurance group.
Litigation support and forensic accounting
- Preparation of valuation report regarding the fair market value of the interest held by the plaintiff in a large agricultural company and damage quantification related to the alleged fault;
- Preparation of a forensic accounting report and testimony before the Tribunal administratif du Québec in the matter of the determination of a compensation with respect to an expropriation.
Compliance, governance and sound management practices
- In-depth review of governance policies regarding ethics and anti-corruption measures of an international privately held company active in the software industry, as well as production of an independent report addressed to the Autorité des marchés financiers (Québec) in the context of the right to bid on public contracts with the Gouvernement du Québec;
- Due diligence mandate for 3 Québec’s financial institutions, sponsors of a fund of funds with a capitalisation of $700mn, covering the information technology, life sciences and green technologies. The review covered the mission, governance and yield of the fund.