+34 91 406 7317
David Aliaga is a partner at Accuracy. He has 19 years of professional experience in accounting and financial areas. He has worked in the audit, transaction services and corporate finance departments in both PricewaterhouseCoopers and Ernst & Young. He has been fully dedicated to Dispute Analysis & Forensic Investigation, Business Recovery and Restructuring Services since 2004.
David has been involved in a wide range of litigation and arbitration support, fraud investigations and consequential damages calculations assignments in Spain, Europe and Latin America.
In addition to his expertise in Forensics, Litigation & Arbitration, David regularly provides Financial and Operational Restructuring advice in “Concurso Mercantil” (Spanish Chapter 11 equivalent).
David speaks Spanish, English, and Catalan.
- Economics degree, University of Wales (1996)
David has experience in several areas including but not limited to litigation situations, fraud investigations and consequential damages calculations. His areas of particular expertise include underperforming business reviews, operational and financial corporate restructuring and insolvency practice. He has also managed many financial due diligence engagements, valuations, business plan reviews, restructuring, advisory assignments and general support in M&A transactions.
David has been involved in a wide range of transaction operations, restructuring and insolvency assignments in Spain and globally (examples of other countries include Colombia, Algeria, Italy and France).
Damage assessment and valuation in litigation and arbitration contexts
- Appointed by two Respondent states to provide independent expertise in the context of a claim from a construction consortium regarding the price evolution of certain raw materials (oil, steel, etc.).
- Appointed independent expert for associations to quantify damages and prejudices suffered from regulation’s changes in ginning sector.
- Appointed independent expert in a dispute related to an M&A (price adjustment) between high tech company and media company.
- Appointed independent financial expert to assess the conformity of claims related to an M&A dispute between a British company (defendant and client) and a Spanish corporation (claimant).
- Appointed independent financial expert to assess the Spanish GAAP conformity of claims related to an M&A dispute between a British company (defendant and client) and a Spanish corporation (claimant).
- Appointed independent financial expert by a major solar parks promotor to quantify damages and lost profits resulting from regulation changes within the photovoltaic sector.
- David has been involved in more than 70 hearings.
Due diligence and Debt Restructuring
- David has led more than 60 financial due diligence and restructuring engagements in a variety of sectors: automotive, IT, pharmaceutical, renewables, retail, services, manufacturing, utilities, banking, etc. His work typically encompasses carve-out issues, normalization of non-GAAP indicators, recommendations on SPA clauses and post-deal integration services.
- Over the last 8 years, David has led the more than 100 restructuring jobs based mainly in Spain for local and multinational companies (including providing expert reports).