(+44) 203 861 4699
Chris Tune is a director at Accuracy. He specialises in accounting disputes, the assessment of quantum issues in international arbitration and commercial litigation as well as the quantification of loss of earnings and pension in high-value personal injury claims and loss of dependency in fatal accident claims.
Chris has 20 years of professional experience working primarily on commercial disputes. He has also conducted numerous forensic and financial investigations including bribery & corruption and money-laundering compliance reviews, insolvency/bankruptcy claims and fraud cases.
Chris regularly gives presentations on issues pertaining to damages assessment.
- Fellow of the ICAEW
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Financial Management, University of Sheffield (1999)
Chris has been appointed as expert on a variety of matters in the UK and internationally. He has particular experience in the assessment of damages arising from breach of commercial contracts, shareholder agreements, professional negligence and construction delays. His disputes work primarily involves the quantification of lost profits.
Chris has worked across a wide range of industry sectors including construction, retail, financial services, energy and shipping. Much of his work in recent years has been in an international context, involving disputes in the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Damage assessment in litigation and arbitration contexts
- Expert reports in an international arbitration in respect of the delays to the construction of a hotel and retail mall complex in the Middle East
- Expert report in an international arbitration acting for a client in the hotel industry in respect of the loss of profits from the termination of hotel operating agreements
- Expert acting for an employer in a mediation as to the reasonable level of overheads in a construction claim against a joint venture company contractor
- Expert reports in a Singapore arbitration assessing the loss of profits as a result of the vessel being damaged in a collision
- Expert report in respect of the loss of profits suffered as a result of contamination of cargo
- Expert report in an arbitration assessing the discount rate to be applied in the damages calculation in relation to a breach of a long-term charter
- Expert report for a bank in respect of a claim brought against it by a customer following the freezing of the customers’ bank accounts due to suspicious activity
- Expert for a financial institution in a claim against several former employees who set up a competitor business in breach of employment restrictions, advising on the potential loss of profits as a result of the competitor approaching key clients of the financial institution
- Expert for a defendant insurance company in a multi-million pound personal injury claim