+31 20 75 47 602
Bas van Helden is a partner at Accuracy. He has broad experience with complex valuation situations including damage assessment, valuation in dispute contexts and expert determinations.
Prior to joining Accuracy in June 2013, Bas was a partner with KPMG in the Netherlands, responsible for Valuation & Financial Modelling. Early in his career, he was involved in numerous M&A transactions for, amongst others, financial institutions.
Bas’s clients are primarily quoted and non-quoted corporations in a variety of sectors, amongst others in the financial sector and industrial markets. He is president of the Dutch chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) and a member of the Dutch Arbitration Association.
Bas speaks Dutch and English.
- M.Sc. Business Economics, Tilburg University, 1998
- M.Sc. Fiscal Law, Tilburg University, 1998
- President ACG Holland
Bas specialises in contentious and non-contentious valuations and has been appointed as expert on numerous occasions.
In relation to contentious valuations Bas has acted as financial expert in international arbitration cases under NAI (Netherlands Arbitration Institute) rules, as well as in Dutch civil courts.
Bas’s expertise in non-contentious valuations includes fairness opinions, valuations for tax purposes, M&A valuations, valuations of financial institutions, intellectual property valuations and purchase price allocations & impairment testing.
Damage assessment and valuation in litigation and arbitration contexts
- Independent valuation of a SaaS company in relation to the squeeze-out of minority shareholders before the Enterprise Chamber of the Dutch court
- Export report for a Dutch financial institution in an arbitration on the market value of loans
- Expert report for a financial services company in relation to an IP dispute with a competitor
- Expert report for a US listed pharmaceutical company in a patent litigation for the Dutch court
- Assessment of claim and counterclaim for a company active in pharmaceutical compounding
- Valuation of a Russian retail business in relation to Dutch court proceedings
- Valuation of a bank and preferred shares for a bank/insurance group
- Valuation of put and call options related to a joint venture in the media industry
- Valuation for M&A purposes of a demand side internet platform for online advertising
- Valuation of the Dutch operations of a US-based telecom provider related to the preservation of tax losses
- Performed numerous purchase price allocations and goodwill impairment testing procedures under IFRS, Dutch GAAP and US GAAP for sizeable listed and private companies following their acquisitions.