+31 (20) 75 47 628
Bas Dantuma is a director at Accuracy. He has a corporate finance background, more than ten years of consulting experience and specialises in transaction advisory services, specifically providing both acquisition and vendor transaction support services to both corporate and private equity clients.
Bas is known for his detailed analyses and concise reporting; his approach is pragmatic and constructive, and he remains accessible to all parties involved in the process.
Prior to joining Accuracy in 2017, Bas worked for the French subsidiary of a Dutch family-owned multinational and in the financial services (serving mainly banking and insurance clients) and private equity transaction services teams of a Big Four firm in Amsterdam. In addition to his work in the Dutch team, Bas gained international experience during multiple buy-side and sell-side engagements at the Paris and London offices.
Bas is fluent in Dutch and English and speaks French at an intermediate level.
Bas acts as primary financial advisor for a number of corporations and private equity firms in the context of acquisitions or disposals. As part of the services that he provides to these parties, he regularly conducts buy-side financial due diligence, sell-side due diligence, vendor assistance, carve-outs, business plan preparation and synergy assessments.
Business performance and corporate finance
As result of his extensive experience in transactions, Bas is able to quickly assess a company’s finance function and the quality of its financial data. With this knowledge, he is able to advise companies on improving their financial management information, the exit-readiness of a company or on an improvement plan for companies that have recently been acquired. Bas has been involved in multiple engagements where Accuracy has supported the finance department in improving their finance functions for either internal reasons or driven by a potential divestment.
- Several sell-side engagements for pan-European companies active in the consumer & retail market and more specifically focusing on firms active in (i) food and beverages, (ii) printed media and (iii) over-the-counter pharmaceuticals
- Several sell-side engagements for pan-European pharmaceutical companies, which – among others – specialise in cancer treatment, animal pharma and pharma registration
- Recurring work for a number of Dutch private equity parties in the Netherlands, which invest in various sectors including Healthcare, IT and Communication, and Professional Services
- Recurring work for one of the largest staffing and facility management companies in the Netherlands
- Carve-out engagements for (i) multiple banking divisions carved out of the Group, (ii) a number of production assets carved out of one of the largest commodity companies in the world and (iii) tank cleaning services carved out of a transportation company
- Assessment of synergies and impact on valuation for a number of acquisitions, during or after the acquisition of these targets
- Implementation of a top-up smart reporting tool, which more consistently reflects revenue and gross margin per business unit