+34 (91) 406 7312
- about Alberto
- in-depth expertise
- examples of engagements
Alberto Fernández is a Director at Accuracy. He has over 12 years of professional experience, having been with the firm since 2010 and having previously acquired extensive experience in financial audit within EY.
Alberto specialises in litigation support, transfer pricing and transaction advisory services.
Alberto speaks Spanish (native speaker) and English (professional).
- 1. Law and Business Administration degree from Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- 2. Teacher of the transfer pricing module in the IE Law LLM
Alberto has acted as a financial expert and has testified as an expert witness in both national and international high-profile cases.
Alberto has worked on matters before the ICC, ICSID and SCC arbitration forums, the Spanish commercial court and before Spanish tribunals.
Alberto has been appointed as financial advisor for both corporations and private equity firms in transfer pricing matters.
Alberto has worked in both buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence engagements for corporations and private equity firms in the context of acquisitions and disposals.
Damages assessment and valuation in litigation and arbitration contexts
- Appointed economic financial expert to determine whether compensation paid by a European state to a contractor for certain delays was excessive taking into account the observed rail traffic
- Appointed financial expert to determine the damages caused by a British bank to a Spanish bank as a result of the marketing of structured products and multi-currency mortgages
- Appointed financial expert to determine the damages caused to a shareholder by the loss of value of its stake in a Spanish listed company
- Appointed financial expert to determine the market price of an operation and maintenance (O&M) contract for several photovoltaic plants
- Assisted expert and advice in respect of a dispute between the former CEO of a Spanish listed company and two banks
- Assisted expert in more than 10 investment arbitration proceedings (both ICSID and SCC) related to renewable energies
- Several engagements for real estate investment funds in the context of acquisitions of both NPLs and REOs in Spain
- Transfer pricing analysis and documentation for several Spanish corporations
- Ad-hoc reports regarding specific transactions (intercompany loans and management fees, among others)
- Buy-side due diligence on a large Spanish parking company
- Various buy-side due diligence engagements on renewable-energy assets in Spain