+65 6813 0802
Alasdair Snadden is a Partner in the Singapore office of Accuracy and a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with over 15 years’ experience on a wide range of projects within the construction and engineering industry. The last 9 years have been based in Asia Pacific region where Alasdair has been working on a variety of international projects.
Alasdair has significant experience in the preparation and assessment of contentious claims. This has included providing assessments into the valuation of complex variations, assessment of damages, loss and expense, acceleration, disruption and prolongation costs.
- Master of Science in Commercial Project Management
- Master of the Arts in Politics
- Graduate Certificate in International Arbitration
- Appointment as the quantum expert in a SIAC arbitration to provide an independent assessment on a Subcontractor’s claims and Contractor’s counterclaims, on a major airport terminal where the Subcontractor had been terminated;
- Appointment as the quantum expert in a SIAC arbitration to provide an independent assessment on a Subcontractor’s alleged variations and Contractor’s counterclaims for an infrastructure project located in Singapore.
HEAVY CIVIL & RAIL
- CONTRACT C922, DOWNTOWN LINE RAIL PROJECT, SINGAPORE
Engaged by a specialist steel sub-contractor to provide an assessment on the omission of original contract works and claims for an extension of time.
- THE CHANGI OUTFALL PROJECT, SINGAPORE
Lead assistant to a quantum expert engaged by the Insurance Company to assess losses a Main Contractor incurred as a result of the main barge breaking down.
- SOLIDS HANDLING PIER, JURONG ISLAND, SINGAPORE
Provided general claims assistance to Main Contractor for claims being mounted against the Employer. This included providing assessments on an extension of time and associated prolongation costs.
BUILDINGS & INFRASTRUCTURE
- LOGISTICS CENTRE, SINGAPORE
Appointed as the quantum expert for a High Court matter, to provide an independent assessment of the Employer’s claim against a Main Contractor. The case surrounded the termination of a Main Contractor, who had been engaged on a design and build basis, and was replaced by another Main Contractor on the same basis.
- MAJOR AIRPORT TERMINAL, SINGAPORE
Appointment as the quantum expert in a SIAC arbitration to provide an independent assessment on a Subcontractor’s claims and Contractor’s counterclaims, on a major airport terminal where the Sub-contractor had been terminated.
- CAPITAGREEN, MARKET STREET, SINGAPORE
Engaged by the Main Contractor to provide an independent assessment on contented quantum assessments. This included assessments for complex variations and claims for prolongation.
- SOUTH BEACH DEVELOPMENT, SINGAPORE
Engaged by an Insurance company to provide an independent quantum assessment on the loss and expense incurred by the Main Contractor as a result of collapsed formwork.
- NATIONAL ART GALLERY, SINGAPORE
Engaged by the Main Contractor to provide an independent assessment on contented quantum assessments. In particular, the assessment of the complex variations and claims for prolongation.
OIL&GAS & ENERGY
- THE RAPID PROJECT, MALAYSIA
Engaged by the Specialist Sub-Contractor to provide assessments on disruption and acceleration.
- LUBE OIL REFINERY, YANBU, SAUDI ARABIA
Preparation and submission of claims for extension of time, loss and expense, delay and disruption on behalf of an EPC contractor for an expansion of a Lubricating Oil Refinery in Yanbu, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- B-193 PROCESS PLATFORM, MALAYSIA
Provide a third party assessment into to the merits of a Contractor’s time and quantum claim made against the Client.