Zulema Sanchis is a Director at Accuracy with numerous years of experience. She is at the forefront of driving strategic business transformation initiatives in the Middle East for the firm. Her core areas of expertise encompass digital construction, decision-making tools, and environmental frameworks, all aimed at propelling the sector forward. Zulema’s specialization lies in enhancing business performance through close collaboration with organizations. She excels in defining visionary roadmaps and ensuring the successful implementation of new working methods, all while prioritizing internal capabilities and fostering high adoption rates within organizations.
Zulema is a trusted advisor, sought after by both regional and international companies, to guide and shape their business transformation strategies. Her passion lies in establishing the ideal platform and developing effective tools that create quality opportunities within industries. Crucially, Zulema firmly believes in the primacy of people over technology, emphasizing comprehensive change management strategies to sustain lasting change.
Before joining Accuracy, Zulema Sanchis achieved a track record of success in business transformation, digital deployment, and the application of Lean Thinking principles in renowned international companies across various sectors, including construction, food, automotive, and precious metal refining.
Zulema speaks Spanish and English.
- MSc Industrial Engineering (2012)
- MSc Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems (2013)
- Prosci Change Management Expert
Zulema is a seasoned expert in orchestrating transformative change across industries. Her extensive experience encompasses digital transformations in construction, automotive, refining, pharmaceuticals, and manufacturing. She excels in conducting detailed GAP analyses, defining precise business requirements, and recommending technology solutions tailored to organizational readiness and budgets.
Zulema has led strategic planning in the automotive sector, facilitated the deployment of digital control rooms in refining factories, and developed tailored change management strategies in pharmaceuticals. She introduced simulation tools for material inventory optimization, standardization of reporting platforms in the food industry, and product viability assessments in automotive, all contributing to enhanced decision-making. Client names are confidential.
Zulema since joined Accuracy has gained the expertise and knowledge in (pre)-dispute resolution within the global construction industry. Her extensive experience includes assisting delay experts in resolving disputes across diverse projects
Digital transformation support
- Digital transformation in the construction industry: Identification of potential areas of improvements through a GAP analysis, defining business requirements and suggesting innovation technologies that could be implemented by the company based on (i) technology maturity within the organization and (ii) budget and time constrains.
- Digitalization & strategic planning in automotive industry: Leading the workshops to ensure the business requirements were aligned with the business needs, redesigning the new reporting through a gap analysis and analysing the data sources to ensure smooth transitions between ways of working.
- Design and deployment of a digital control room in a refining factory: Definition of business requirements and implementation of two pillars of a Manufacturing Operations Management system (MOM) with minimal impact to ongoing operations.
- Transformation roadmap and deployment advise in pharma industry: Deployment of a tailored change management strategy to ensure the success of the new harmonised reporting encompassing both general and analytical accounts, covering design, data preparation, workflow setup, digital platform creation and deployment.
- Design and implementation of a new material inventory management: Introduction of a Simulation tool (Digital Twins) to improve metal inventory management, commercial decisions and improve efficiency across both the UK and the USA refining cycle. Deployment of a new technology to trace material throughout the cycle ensuring high adoption rates by the end users.
- Design and implementation of a reporting portfolio tool (India – Construction): Orchestrating and leading workshops among various departments to understand the business requirements, conducting technological and people gap analysis, design of the tool and implementation.
- Standardization of reporting platforms in the food industry: Analysis of the several subsidiaries and their operational reporting system. I have identified the legacy systems that were obsolete and design and migrate to a new system. Success implementation of the new tools across the entities with a very thoughtful change management plan on the back end.
- Identification of obsolete products in the automotive industry: The company was undertaking a major assessment to understand which product were not profitable anymore. I led the analysis throughout the whole value chain, from the moment the material arrived at site, through the manufacturing process and the shipping.
- €12bn airport construction project, Middle East: Assisted the delay expert appointed on behalf of the EPCM in a dispute against the owner on the construction of the new Passenger Terminal Building of an airport.
- $200m solar plant, South America: Assisted the delay expert on behalf of the main contractor in a dispute against its EPC contract JV partner. The delay analysis were directly related with the expansion of the substation and overhead line.
- 900km 320kV transmission lines and 12 new substations in Central America: Assisted the delay expert on behalf of the EPC contractor in a dispute against the owner. The dispute is currently being resolved in arbitration under ICC rules.
- $800m combined-cycle power plant, South America – Assisted the delay expert on behalf of the main contractor in a dispute against its EPC contract JV partner.
- $300m emblematic museum, Middle East – Assisted in preparing an independent expert review of the time and cost to complete the construction of a one of a kind museum with complex architecture. Performed a cold eyes review of the schedule to completion, the critical sequences and associated costs.
- $150m infrastructure road construction, Central America – Assisted the delay expert appointed on behalf of the owner in a dispute against the contractor on the construction of the road.
- 300km 132kv transmission lines and substations, Asia: Assisted the delay expert on behalf of the EPC contractor in a dispute against the owner. The dispute is currently being resolved in arbitration under ICC rules.
- $230m desalination plant, Middle East: Assisted the delay expert appointed on behalf of the EPC contractor in a dispute against the owner. The dispute is being resolved in arbitration under ICC rules.