Steve Molloy is a director at Accuracy. He specialises in corporate investigations – especially those where big data, technology or electronic devices are involved. Steve is an experienced Forensic Technology practitioner and most commonly oversees forensic computing investigations, data analytics, cybersecurity and large-scale discovery matters.
Prior to joining Accuracy, Steve gained experience in the fraud and disputes teams at Ernst & Young and Deloitte, where he supported forensic technology matters for multinational corporations around the globe.
Steve has delivered engagements centred on forensics and data in 15 countries, for matters ranging from internal corporate investigations to data governance mandates and large-scale regulatory inquiries.
- First class degree in Forensic Computing from De Montfort University
- Encase Certified Forensic Examiner (EnCE)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
Steve has experience in undertaking investigations across a spectrum of matters. From forensic data collections to document productions in support of litigation cases, Steve supports the entire lifecycle of an investigation. He regularly coordinates and undertakes forensic data collections in sensitive and cross-border matters, processes and enriches data to support investigations and generates data insights in support of investigative objectives.
Steve has investigated, among other matters, the theft of confidential information, the nature of cybersecurity breaches, the veracity of whistle-blower accusations and employee conduct within organisations.
Steve also has extensive experience in the design and implementation of automated processes to enable streamlined data processing and computer forensic workflows.
- Support for one of the world’s largest regulatory investigations involving the forensic analysis of hundreds of electronic devices within a multinational manufacturing organisation
- Creation of a bespoke automated data processing solution to process and search hundreds of terabytes of data in support of an internal investigation within a multinational organisation
- Intellectual property theft investigation to determine the veracity of allegations of data theft by former employees of a European manufacturing organisation
- Remediation support for a multinational media organisation after a cybersecurity incident
- Data analytics for a large security organisation to demonstrate efficacy of products in the face of a regulatory enquiry
- Data preservation and internal investigation for a multinational corporation to determine the veracity of whistle-blower allegations
- Shadow forensic expert during arbitration proceedings to ensure accuracy and completeness of computer forensic expert reports
- Creation of automated computer forensic analysis software to support at-scale computer forensics in large investigatory matters
- Automated workflow development for eDiscovery matters to accelerate data processing and reduce time and effort necessary before document reviews begin