Roberto is a director in Accuracy’s Paris office. He is primarily responsible for managing corporate intelligence engagements, including integrity due diligence investigations, asset-tracing engagements and large-scale corruption, fraud and financial crime investigations. He joined the firm in October 2019.
Prior to joining Accuracy, Roberto worked for a Big 4 professional services firm in Dubai and New York City. Roberto is a native English and Arabic speaker, an advanced French speaker, and a moderate Portuguese speaker.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), 2014
- MSc International Management, Kings College London, 2010
- BA Political Studies, American University of Beirut, 2007
Roberto has over 12 years of experience working and leading open-source investigations on companies and individuals for due diligence, asset-tracing, and anti-corruption/financial crime purposes.
Although a Middle-East analyst at heart, Roberto has developed his career across the three global financial hubs of Dubai, New York, and Paris. He now spends most of his time leading teams in global, cross-jurisdictional investigations.
In addition to his experience in corporate intelligence, Roberto has extensive experience in engagements related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) as well as in large KYC remediation engagements for clients in the banking sector.
- Investigations related to the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act for multinational companies in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa
- Multi-jurisdictional third-party screening programmes for a US oilfield services company and a European FMCG company investigating the reputational and integrity risks of third-party suppliers and distributors
- Integrity due diligence engagement on a French manufacturing company and one of its shareholders, a foreign state-owned entity allegedly involved in industrial espionage schemes
- An engagement for an Arab sovereign wealth fund that involved the verification and validation of over 700 direct corporate and real estate assets. The Arab state had recently been through a political revolution and there was significant concern that the client’s assets had been mismanaged or misappropriated by the previous regime. The engagement findings formed the basis of a number of fraud and embezzlement investigations conducted for the client
- A large-scale Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) engagement for a US banking group. A large team was engaged to assist in addressing deficiencies identified by the United States Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) in the banking group’s BSA/AML compliance programme. During this multi-year engagement, Roberto’s responsibilities included managing teams of Know Your Customer remediation analysts, producing enhanced due diligence reports for the banking group’s high-risk customers, and developing/testing improvements to the banking group’s compliance processes