Nicolas Darbo is a partner at Accuracy. Nicolas started his career at Compagnie Bancaire / Paribas where he led the ALM department, within the financial services business unit. In 2000, he joined the financial management of the Caisse d’Epargne Group and became the deputy director responsible for leading retail banking at the Caisse Nationale des Caisses d’Epargne.
In 2006, Nicolas was appointed director of strategic planning and execution at Crédit Foncier and joined the executive committee in 2007. In 2010, he was appointed deputy managing director of Crédit Foncier, responsible for finance and strategic planning.
Nicolas joined Accuracy in 2012 as a partner in order to create and develop its activity in the finance sector (banking, insurance, financial institutions).
Nicolas speaks French, English and Spanish fluently.
- MBA from HEC
Thanks to his significant banking experience in different establishments (Compagnie Bancaire, BNP Paribas, Caisses d’Epargne and Crédit Foncier), Nicolas has developed in-depth expertise in the banking and insurance sector. He is able to use this expertise both from a financial and a strategic perspective.
Most notably, Nicolas has substantial knowledge in the realms of ALM and financial risk as well as throughout the retail banking sector.
- Strategic plan to 2030 for a major retail bank: strategic vision to 2030, management of the 15 business lines, trajectory for the business lines and the Group.
- Strategic plan for the payments branch of a retail bank.
- Transformation plan for a digital bank: definition and implementation.
- Optimising the performance of retail banking and insurance networks.
- Efficiency plans for a major listed insurer and a large private bank.
- Strategic rationales for external growth operations in private banking and digital banking.
- Pricing positioning strategy for a retail bank and a private bank.
- Negotiation strategy with the European Commission for a public service subsidy (with counterfactual scenarios).
- Development of a financial projection platform (P&L, liquidity, solvency) for four of France’s largest banks, covering all their business lines (retail, CIB, AM, etc.).
- Overhaul of ALM behavioral models for most French banks.
- Review of the interest rate strategy of two of the largest French banks.
- Piloting of financial simulations requested by the UK regulator in the context of Brexit for one of the largest French banks.
- Creation or review of Basel 2 internal models for several banks.
- Updating of stress test methodology for an international regulator.
- Contingency funding plan for a major French CIB.
- Piloting of EBA and ECB stress tests for European banking groups.
- Supervision of liquidity stress tests for a major French bank.
- Assisted Caisse des Dépôts in its takeover of La Poste group, then in the transfer of CNP to La Banque Postale.
- Assistance in renegotiating agreements between CNP and BPCE / LBP.
- Due diligence for Oséo in connection with the creation of BPI France.
- Due diligence on numerous fintechs
- Assistance with the purchase or sale of receivables portfolios.
- Numerous valuations of all types of assets (portfolios, business units, brands, etc.).