Juan Sáez is a partner at Accuracy. Juan provides expert advice on large capital projects worldwide. He leads Accuracy’s project advisory and disputes team in the Middle East. Juan has accompanied owners, contractors and funders on over 50 major capital projects in over 20 countries
Juan has successfully conducted engagements in America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. He started his Accuracy career in the Madrid office and moved to Dubai in 2020 after seven years in the London office.
Juan provides advice to his clients seamlessly in English, Spanish, and French.
- Diplôme d’ingénieur, Ecole Centrale Paris, France
- MSc Industrial Engineering, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
- Applied economics degree, Université Paris Dauphine, France
Juan is regularly appointed as an independent delay expert in international arbitration proceedings. Juan has provided testimony (including witness conferencing) before some of the most experienced construction arbitrators. He is recognised by clients as a Global Thought Leader in WWL Arbitration.
Juan has provided expert advice on a number of airport, bridge, high-rise, power plant, oil & gas, renewable and other infrastructure projects.
Juan also conducts strategic advisory and transformation engagements. Juan is passionate about enhancing productivity in construction and tailors transformation roadmaps for his clients. He also possesses strong scheduling and financial skills, which allow him to perform bespoke 360° risk assessments on complex cost and time models for a variety of industries and clients.
- Appointed delay expert witness on behalf of the EPC contractor on a $500m cable-stayed bridge – Central America.
- Appointed delay expert on behalf of the EPCM on a $12bn new international airport – Middle East.
- Provided independent delay and disruption expert advice for the owner on the construction of an $10bn financial district – Middle East.
- Appointed delay expert witness on behalf of a member of an EPC contractor on a JV dispute in relation to a 200MIGD desalination plant – Middle East.
- Appointed delay expert witness in relation to a $800m CCGT power plant – South America.
- Appointed delay expert witness in relation to a $550m CSP solar plant – North Africa.
- Appointed delay expert witness on behalf of the EPC contractor on a $120m hydroelectric power plant expansion – Central America.
Advisory / Decision-making
- Advised the owner of a $9bn nuclear plant on the likely delay and cost to completion for the purposes of reporting to investors – Europe
- Advised the owner of a $9bn nuclear plant on the likely delay and cost to completion for the purposes of reporting to investors – Europe.
- Advised the owner on project feasibility and contracting strategy in connection to a $3.5bn fertiliser complex project – East Africa.
- Advised a family office in the context of the acquisition of an O&G company’s EPC business. Identified and assessed material construction risks on five projects under construction affecting the valuation and funding requirements – North Africa and Middle East.
- Advised an aircraft designer and manufacturer on the merits of its case for delay and quantum on a €1.3bn aircraft development programme – Europe.
- Advised an EPC contractor on the likely delay and cost to completion in relation to the construction of a $300m emblematic museum for the purposes of reporting to investors – Middle East.