Joseph Kirby is a director at Accuracy, with over a decade of professional experience. He held various positions within disputes and valuations teams at FTI Consulting, Deloitte and HKA before joining Accuracy in 2023.
Joseph specialises in valuation and the assessment of damages in commercial disputes, across litigation, commercial arbitration and investor-state arbitration contexts.
He has been instructed as an expert witness before the UK High Court, and has worked on high value claims in arbitrations under ICSID, UNCITRAL, LCIA, ICC, SIAC and DIS rules.
Joseph has also given valuation advice in the context of merger and acquisition transactions, employee compensation schemes and financial reporting.
Joseph is a Chartered Financial Analyst and holds a masters degree in Economics from University College London. He is a native English speaker.
- BA Philosophy and Economics, University College London (2010)
- MSc Economics, University College London (2011)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (2015)
Joseph has been instructed as a damages expert in the UK High Court, and has provided expert advice in a number of high value commercial disputes in the UK, US and Trinidad & Tobago courts.
Joseph has provided expert advice for both claimant and respondent in a number investment arbitrations across multiples sectors, including mining, energy and tobacco production.
Joseph has provided expert advice in commercial arbitrations across a range of sectors, including oil and gas, shipping and retail.
Other valuation experience
Joseph has provided valuation advice in non-contentious contexts, including in relation to a large demerger of an asset manager and insurer, financial reporting of an oil supermajor, valuation of asset managers in relation to employee compensation schemes and advisory valuations in relation to M&A transactions.
- Named expert in UK high court litigation relating to a loss of chance claim in relation to the sales of telephony and data services to UK public sector customers.
- Expert advice in an expropriation claim in the mining sector in Eastern Europe.
- Expert advice in a SIAC arbitration relating to construction and delivery of semi-submersible crane vessels.
- Expert advice in a SIAC arbitration relating to an impugned transaction within the Indian retail sector.
- Expert advice in an expropriation claim in the mining and power sectors in Southern Africa.
- Expert advice in a LCIA arbitration in relation to a post M&A dispute in North Sea oil assets.
- Expert advice in UK high court litigation relating to the valuation of Russian upstream oil assets.
- Expert advice in Trinidad and Tobago litigation relating to the valuation of ammonia production business.
- Expert advice in a UK family court proceedings relating to the valuation of a portfolio of businesses including property holding companies, chemicals transportation and a football club.
- Expert advice in mediation proceedings relating to a dispute between shareholders of a conglomerate of UK and Pakistan businesses including retail, pharmacies and cement production.
- Expert advice in UK high court litigation relating to the alleged breach of warranty following the sale of an IT business.
- Valuation advice in expert determination of the value of a medical services provider.
- Valuation advice in relation to the de-merger of a large multi-national asset manager and insurance company.
- Valuation advice of various asset managers in relation to employee compensation scheme.
- Valuation advice in relation to financial reporting of oil supermajor.