Jon Nicklin is a director at Accuracy. He has over fifteen years of professional experience and joined the firm in 2021. He previously acquired extensive experience in forensic accounting in China with a Big 4 accounting firm before joining the litigation support team of a global consulting firm in Hong Kong in 2017.
Jon specialises in litigation support and forensic accounting and has led over 60 engagements in the Greater China region, where he has worked for the last 9 years.
Jon speaks English (native), Mandarin (near-native), Cantonese (fluent) and Spanish (intermediate).
- Chartered Accountant (ACA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Financial Modelling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA)
Jon has assessed quantum of damages in numerous arbitration cases in the context of various kinds of disputes including termination of contract, shareholder disputes, Joint Venture (JV) disputes, post-acquisition disputes, etc. Jon has handled matters before ICC, ICSID, HKIAC and SIAC arbitration forums.
Jon has been engaged by several Fortune 500 companies to conduct anti-corruption (FCPA) reviews on the operations of their China subsidiaries, and has also been involved in fraud investigations into HK-listed Chinese private corporations.
- Post-acquisition dispute arising from failed acquisition of Shanghai auto dealership business by PE fund, with deal value of c. RMB 320m (HKIAC arbitration)
- Assessed loss of profits in HKIAC dispute arising from termination of hotel management contract by hotel owner in Beijing, with a claim value of RMB 100m (HKIAC arbitration)
- Quantified damages in dispute arising from termination of China pharmaceutical distribution agreement by owner, with claim value of over RMB 500m (HKIAC arbitration)
- Quantified damages in dispute over delayed opening of China theme park between owner and subcontractor, with claim value of $63m (HKIAC arbitration)
- Assesed damages in dispute over termination of development contract for a Malaysian luxury hotel development between owner and operator with claim value of $22m (HKIAC arbitration)
- $93m post-acquisition claim by Korean supermarket chain against original owners, due to alleged understated liabilities pre-acquisition (HKIAC arbitration)
- $129m breach of contract claim brought by Japanese solar module supplier against Chinese energy company (ICC arbitration).
- Led investigation into alleged understatement of sales in profit-sharing dispute between US licensee and China-based biotech licensor
- Key project manager for investigation into alleged accounting irregularities involving marketing and distribution expenses by HK-listed Chinese pharmaceutical manufacturer, leading to restatement of results
- China lead for investigation into alleged bribery of SOEs in shipbuilding industry by subsidiaries of Fortune 500 HVAC manufacturer through false invoicing and shell service providers.
- Led FCPA reviews at 6 Chinese subsidiaries of US electrical appliance manufacturer
- Conducted FCPA reviews at Chinese subsidiaries of multinational metal coating company
- Planned and executed FCPA reviews at Shanghai operations of US materials company