Graham Ball is a Director in our London office and is at the forefront of our expanding Energy & Infrastructure practice.
He has worked in project delivery environments for nearly 20 years, first as a Sponsor of major rail infrastructure portfolios, then with owners and contractors as a capital projects consultant. Prior to joining Accuracy in 2021, Graham spent four years with Cushman & Wakefield as Head of EMEA Operations for its Project & Development Services division. There he dealt with the operational demands of a fast-growing project delivery business serving global clients.
Graham specialises in the planning and governance of capital programmes, forensic investigations and the turnaround of distressed projects. Whilst based in the UK, his clients are typically international and span project sponsors, investors, employers and contractors.
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI)
- MSc Human Resource Management (Cardiff, 2004)
- PRINCE2, APMP and Scrum Master certified
Project planning and governance
Proper governance of projects underpins confident delivery. Graham helps clients to define and implement a level of control relative to the scale, complexity, and risk of their portfolio, including assessment of appropriate commercial strategies.
Graham conducts independent and targeted investigations of suspected project issues which may include the quality of baselining, reporting or specific risks. Such work defines practical measures to help clients understand their options and take confident decisions.
Graham also helps Employers or Contractors to assess the strengths and weaknesses of their commercial position in anticipation of pre-dispute negotiations.
- Assisted a UK transport infrastructure owner to re-baseline a multi-£bn portfolio and adjust its planning in response to emerging funding and business case constraints.
- Assisted a European energy Contractor to assess and compile longstanding claims anticipating negotiations with the Employer, combining both delay and quantum expertise.
- Assisted a European transport contractor to assess the impact of inflation on its delivery costs as a basis for negotiations with a state employer.
- Helped a client in the Middle East to assess the strength of claims raised by its contractor on a major real estate portfolio.
- Conducted international benchmarking of a major rail infrastructure programme in respect of scope, time and cost.
- Led several investigations into late-running projects for F500 scale clients to determine responsibility for delays, root causes and to implement lessons for subsequent phases of work.
- Mapped the pre-tender development phase of a flagship road investment programme including consents, consultation, engineering and commercial requirements.