Giulia Polacchi is a director at Accuracy. Her professional experience is extensive, and she has been with the firm since 2009. She specialises in transaction advisory services, specifically providing both acquisition and vendor transaction support to international strategic and financial investors.
She also has experience in restructuring engagements, as well as in the assessment of complex damages in litigation and arbitration contexts on a regular basis.
Giulia is qualified as a Certified Chartered Accountant (Dottore Commercialista – CCA).
Giulia speaks Italian (native speaker), English (fluent), French (fluent) and Spanish (professional).
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Financial Management and Control at Università L. Bocconi, Milan (2008)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial Management and Control at LUISS Guido Carli, Rome (2006)
- Certified Chartered Accountant (Dottore Commercialista – CCA)
Giulia’s expertise covers acquisitions and disposals, having been appointed as financial adviser to both corporations and private equity firms. She regularly conducts buy-side financial due diligence, sell-side due diligence and vendor’s assistance, carve-outs, BP preparation, and assessments of synergies.
Giulia has worked as a financial adviser in the context of several Italian debt restructuring and recovery procedures. Her expertise consists of the following:
- Independent business reviews
- Review / preparation of business plans
- Cash-flow forecast modelling and cash requirement assessments
- Turnaround scenario modelling
- Assistance in discussions with financial stakeholders, shareholders, and legal bodies
Giulia has also undertaken engagements involving the analysis and computation of accrued damage and forgone earnings in litigation and international arbitration.
- Vendor assistance for a world-class luxury group in the disposal of a luxury shoe manufacturer
- Transaction, carve-out, complex financial analyses for a multinational company in European energy management, including assistance in the disposal process (Q&A, management presentation, SPA and closing account support prior to sale)
- Buy-side due diligence for a leading industrial distributor, supporting its growth strategy in Italy
- Financial adviser in the context of negotiations with investors on more than 50 projects in the renewables sector (solar, wind, biowaste): business plans, cash forecasts, debt modelling, sensitivity analyses, comfort letter/fairness opinion on financial models
- BP preparation in the context of the restructuring of an Italian oil & gas player under article 182 bis of the Italian bankruptcy law
- BP preparation and cash flow forecasts in the context of the pre-bankruptcy procedures of Italian companies across a wide range of industry sectors (e.g. manufacturing, publishing, car dealership and retail)
- Independent business review of an Italian clothing retailer under an extraordinary administration procedure
Damage assessment and valuation in litigation and arbitration contexts
- Preparation of expert report for the quantification of accrued damages and missing profit in litigation and arbitration cases
- Financial valuation of the losses resulting from delay in delivery, warranties and penalties in a long-term contract
- Damage quantification for a leading oil & gas player in the context of an international arbitration
- Damage quantification for a French train manufacturer related to extra costs incurred in the construction project