Christoph Engel is a director at Accuracy in Munich. He has over 18 years of professional experience in valuation services and transaction advise. Before joining Accuracy, Christoph acquired his expertise at Deutsche Bank capital markets and at KPMG deal advisory.
Christoph is specialized in valuation and transaction advisory services. He contributed to numerous interdisciplinary projects in DACH, UK and internationally. He gained experience with private equity, venture capital, financial institution and industrial clients and he worked intensively with start-ups in the technology, consumer goods, media and biotech sectors.
He is a regular lecturer for the European Association of Chartered Valuators and Analysts (EACVA) on leveraged buyouts, structured equity and share-based compensation. Christoph speaks German (mother language) and English (fluent).
- Doctorate in Finance, Mannheim University
- Master in Industrial Engineering, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute
- Chartered Valuation Analyst (CVA), EACVA
Christoph has led numerous valuation engagements in the context of buy-side and sell-side transactions, fairness opinions, funding rounds, carve-outs, purchase price allocations, financial reporting, tax, squeeze outs, domination and profit and loss transfer agreements, and management participation plans. He covers valuations on corporates, stand-alone businesses, synergies, intangibles, earn-outs, structured debt and equity instruments as well as options. Christoph has developed a system solution on the valuation of structured debt and equity instruments in start-up funding, private equity and venture capital investments.
Christoph has served as a financial advisor for both corporations and private equity firms in the context of acquisitions, disposals, funding, reorganizations and IPOs. His engagements comprise independent business reviews, implementation of business and financial planning, structuring of debt and equity funding, share-based payments, assessment of synergies, buy-side due diligence, sell-side due diligence.
Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Assistance on the structuring and valuation of equity funding for numerous start-ups
- Tax-related valuation of a portfolio of VC investments for a strategic investor in the consumer goods sector
- Tax-related valuation of a VC investment company
- Several engagements on the structuring and valuation of stock option programs
- Deal analytics and preparation of a sell-side expert opinion on the business terms of a carve-out of a multinational industry group in a private equity buyout including vendor loan and vendor participation
- Tax-related valuation in a multinational carve-out transaction of an industrial conglomerate
- Sell-side due diligence of a leading Swiss energy supplier in a merger of equals
- Buy-side due diligence of a sports car manufacturer for a global automotive group
- Valuations of several infrastructure investments of an international insurance and asset management company
- Sell-side due diligence of a portfolio of aviation leases for a financial institution
- Valuation of restructured debt and equity instruments of an international automotive supplier
- Valuation of compensation claims in a legal dispute of a financial institution
Purchase price allocation
- Purchase price allocation of an international pharmaceutical distributor acquired by an US competitor
- Purchase price allocation on the acquisition of a US competitor by a world-leading semiconductor developer and producer
- Analysis of foreign exchange, commodity and interest risk management of a global automotive OEM
- Advisory on strategy and management of commodity procurement for a global beverage producer
- Analysis of and advisory on the trading and hedging strategies of several international energy supply and trading companies
- Advisory on risk reporting and exposure management of an international agricultural trading company