Alexandre Demers is a Vice-President at Accuracy.
Alexandre brings with him, nearly two decades of unparalleled expertise in project management and supply chain management, setting the stage for an exciting journey ahead.
Alexandre’s career started at Jacobs Engineering in western Canada where he skillfully steered procurement and supply chain management for several major construction projects. His innovative approach and utilization of cutting-edge tracking tools revolutionized processes and significantly reduced costs, leaving an indelible mark on the projects.
Advancing through his career, Alexandre assumed various pivotal leadership roles. His tenure as Director of Procurement, Contracts, Equipment, Assets, and Logistics on infrastructure construction projects across continents like Australia, Europe, and Canada with renowned firms like WorleyParsons and SNC-Lavalin proved his abilities. However, it was his transformative leadership during the construction of the New Champlain Bridge in Montreal that truly showcased his visionary capabilities.
Alexandre speaks French and English.
- Professional Certificate in Digital Transformation – 2022
- Contract & Commercial Management Certification Advanced Practitioner (CCMAP) –2017
- Project Management Professional (PMP)- 2014
- MBA in Project Management (2012)
Alex Demers is a highly accomplished Global Supply Chain Leader with a wealth of expertise in Project Management and supply chain management, procurement, logistics and contracts across diverse industries.
Known for delivering complex projects on time and within budget, he excels in fast-paced environments. His areas of expertise include project management, supply management, streamlining operations, international business, and digital transformation all within the construction/energy/infrastructure projects industry.
Alex has a strong track record of managing multi-billion-dollar projects, leading high-performing teams, and driving operational efficiency and profitability. He holds advanced degrees, and certifications in Digital Transformation and Project Management, and is dedicated to continuous learning and professional growth.
- Provided expert consultative solutions to enhance supply chain, construction management, project automation, and contract optimization for various clients, propelling operational enhancements in complex and demanding environments.
- Ingeniously redefined the multimodal logistics strategy for the Champlain Bridge, ensuring the smooth delivery of oversized modularized bridge components. He also successfully led the intricate web of procurement and contracts for the project goods and services, demonstrating his proficiency in managing intricate projects.
- Provided advisory services to an owner/developer through the reviewing of plans, analyzed commercial risks and recommended contractual strategies for the expansion and construction of a manufacturing facility.
- Selected to lead various high value projects, providing leadership and oversight to project procurement and contract management to ensure competitive, fair, open, and transparent acquisitions and management of goods and services while meeting project needs.
- Led development of new inventory management strategy and operating model, increasing accountability and metric gathering across all projects.
- Led the establishment and implementation of the stations contracting strategy on multibillion-dollar pipeline construction project in Europe.
- Led the creation, recommendation and validation of contract plans, strategies, and commercial risk management for a mining company in Eastern Canada.
- Provided expert advice on the design and development of various contracts strategies and project material management reporting tools to increase project visibility and constructability.
- Directed the inventory control, preservation and material management for one of Australia largest LNG construction project (A$20B) with 19 storage locations totalizing 4,3Million s2, supplying 23+ construction sites operating 365 days a year.