As part of a partnership with Premier Cercle (an independent research company specialising in the organisation of economic, financial and technological conferences) Accuracy gave a speech during a breakfast meeting on October 18 on the theme of “Rugby: A management school?”
This event, which was held a few days before the Rugby World Cup Final and provided a great opportunity to explore the many similarities between the values of this sport and the corporate world, such as the best way to lead a team to victory and the ideal manner in which to encourage staff performance.
After an extensive introduction from Daniel Bouton, (CEO of Société Générale), Henri Lachmann (President of Schneider Electric), and Pierre Villepreux (Regional Development Manager for Europe for the International Rugby Board), led the discussion numerous subjects including: “Training, or the role of the leader,” “In the scrum with the Lions,” or “Combat: all part of a manager’s job.”
A number of leading speakers took part in the discussion:
– Bruno Bousquié, Vice President of Bearingpoint,
– Benjamin Cohen, CFO of the Accor group,
– Aubin Hueber, Trainer of the French amateur rugby squad,
– François Leccia, President of Noventeam and Director of the Sport & Management Institute of Grenoble EM
– Ross Melzer, Business Development Manager for Wall Street Journal Europe
– Alain de Pouzilhac, CEO of France 24,
– Michel Rouger, President of the Préaje Institute,
– Henri Tcheng, Managing Director of Bearingpoint.
The morning ended with an exclusive interview with Bernard Laporte, coach of the French rugby team, who was interviewed by Frédéric Duponchel, (Accuracy’s Managing Director Manager).