Accuracy acted as a strategic advisor for a global premium seafood operator based in Oceania.
China ranks at the top global level in terms of premium seafood consumption. In the context of lowering Chinese customs barriers, an Oceanian seafood company asked us to assist them in determining the best ways for them to enter the Chinese high-end market.
How we helped
Our work was structured into 5 modules:
- Review of Chinese consumption habits for premium seafood products
- Mapping of potential business model in China including logistics scheme, distribution channels per segment of clients, price positioning and mark-up invoiced per step of the value chain
- Brand strategy considerations – attributes for a premium seafood company in China, establishing the brand …
- Introduction to potential Chinese business partners
- Translating the business model into a financial business case.
Accuracy set up a multi-disciplinary team with both Chinese and Western consultants.
Thanks to our work, the client could solve both its marketing and business model issues. We were able to map their target markets (clients, price, brand positioning, commercial channels) and to define and model the target business model to be implemented (capex, logistics, mark-up at each step of the value chain, seasonality considerations).
In the end, the client even identified complementary business lines to invest in to reach critical mass in China.